Thread: How to add MailBox Folders in Ipad Mail

How to add MailBox Folders in Ipad Mail

I have recently got a new brand Apple Ipad and after using it i can say that it feels great to have it with me. I don't know much functions on this device and i wanted to learn all the settings and functions which will tale time. But recently i wanted to have an separate mailbox folder on ipad mail option, but was unable to create it and add it. So if anyone know how to add it then please help me.

Re: How to add MailBox Folders in Ipad Mail

As you have stated your problem, i think you are using a POP3 mail account which i think does not allow permission of the addition of folders beyond the initial ones. You must use IMAP account and then set up the folder structure in the webmail and it will help you to replicate across the Mail programme. So just use the correct amil account and i think the problem will be solved. Hope this helps you out.

As halina said, it is correct that you write as if POP is inferior to IMAP. I have used it and i can say that it is the best which depends on each users needs. By this you can create mailboxes or the folders with the POP which is common practice. I am sure that the iPad has this ability. It is the basic for the mail management and email is basic for the Internet. So if you want to confirm it then please contact it to the apple people.

As you have said that the Mail application on the iPad cannot create a folders. If you want to get more folders on your iPad, then you need to go on the webmail version of the email account which is online and then set up the folders there. After that sync the iPad to the online version. The account which is available on the iPad will replicate with the online version through the internet connection. Hope it helps you out.

I can say that the iPad which is designed to sync with the computer and the computer it keeps the mail structure on its own hard disc by using POP3 or online by using IMAP. If you see that there are lots of helpful articles in relation to the ipad which can help you understand it in a better way. So if you want then you can go on the internet and search for it or else you can also go on the official website of Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    As you have said that the Mail application on the iPad cannot create a folders. If you want to get more folders on your iPad, then you need to go on the webmail version of the email account which is online and then set up the folders there. After that sync the iPad to the online version. The account which is available on the iPad will replicate with the online version through the internet connection. Hope it helps you out.

How do I sync my iPad with the online email account?

I am three days into the iPad. I see that the pop acct is the reason for no email folders but what is imap and how do I change from pop to imap.

I guess there is no way by which you can transform the type of Ipad (Apple) mail account from one to another. I have tried searching about this but got only one solution which says that you have to create a new IMAP account where you can take over all the info of your POP account. So first you should create a new IMAP account and then copy all the data from the POP to an IMAP. Even this does not seems to be very much headache as you cal select all the data at a time. And even you would be having accounts of both the types.

since i posted, i did what you recommended. I switched to an imap acct. and imported from old pop. the only this is the import does not include the subfolders and their contents. I manually added new subfolders on the imap acct. but i guess i will have to forward from old acct to new the info in the the subs that did not import. do you know of a way to import emails saved in sub folders?

Yes you can just have to pay. Mail FoldersBy TechKnowledge
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mail-...320632380?mt=8

i think you lot have completely lost the plot.
    i have a pop3 account and in windows you can make folders to store old emails dependant on whatever classification you want.
    i had lots of folders sorted with emails from customers.

i have not had to make it an imap account, windows allows you to make folders with an email application (outlook etc)

Apple should have taken this into consideration.

idea Re: How to add MailBox Folders in Ipad Mail

I was bothered by this problem for days.
    I solved the add a mailbox to iPad mail by the following
    I have a mobileMe account. Went to the mail function on the laptop and there is the option to add a new folder.
    When the iPad is next opened and synchs via the internet it will show the new mail folder.

Go into "settings" then to "mail, contacts, calendars" and in "accounts" select "add account" - choose from the Email providers there or add one"!
    Save.
    Hope this is what you want and that it works.