Thread: Ipad can't maintain Wifi connection despite of strong signal

Ipad can't maintain Wifi connection despite of strong signal

Hello there, I need your help in solving this issue. I have just bought an Apple Ipad 32gb which has Wifi capability. I access the internet on the Ipad by connecting to the linksys wireless router. The problem which I am facing is my Ipad can't maintain Wifi connection despite of strong signal. The Ipad shows that it is connected to the router with full signal strength but still the connection drops frequently. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Please suggest some solution.

Re: Ipad can't maintain Wifi connection despite of strong signal

I would suggest you to check the configuration of the router to which you are trying to connect. If the router is not configured properly then the device will not be able to connect to the router. To check if the router is configured properly or not, you will have to login to the router and then open the configuration page. Get the appropriate configuration settings from the ISP and check if the router is configured properly or not. Make the necessary changes if any and save the settings. Reboot the router and check if the problem is solved.

Try resetting the Ipad and see if the problem is solved. Ipad also works on the operating system which is known as firmware. If the firmware of the Ipad is corrupt or if the firmware of the Ipad gets stuck then the user will face similar problems while using the Ipad. To bring the Ipad out of the loop, you will have to reset the Ipad. To reset the Ipad, press and hold the home and wake button simultaneously. Keep the buttons pressed till a grey apple logo appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons and see if the Ipad is working properly.

If there are lot of applications running on the Ipad together then it will not be able to maintain the connectivity to the network. Ipad has a 1ghz processor which can process limited amount of applications simultaneously. To maintain the connectivity of the network, CPU has to work. Therefore if there are lot of processes running on the Ipad together then it will get disconnected from the network frequently. Therefore check if there are any unwanted applications running on the Ipad and terminate them. After terminating all the unnecessary applications, check if the Wifi connection is maintained.

There is high possibility that the Ipad is faulty and hence it is getting frequently disconnected from the network. All the apple are covered by an 1 year Apple care warranty which is void only if the device has undergone a physical damage. Hence I would suggest that you take the Ipad to the nearest apple care center and get the device checked. If the Ipad is faulty then it will be replaced for free.

The default procedure which is suggested by the Apple website to connect to the Wifi network creates the problem which you are facing. I also have the same model of Ipad and was suffering from the disconnection problem. I figured out the solution to the problem. Do not connect to the Wifi network using the default method, instead just turn the Wifi on and then click on Home button on Safari. Now type the URL of the website which you want to visit and click on GO. Now the browser will ask for connecting to the network, provide required information and you will not face the disconnection problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's