Thread: ipad backup takes long time.

ipad backup takes long time.

Hello to all,
    My have gifted me a cool new Apple ipad. I am having this problem from last night. I regularly take back up of my ipad. Last night when taking backup of my ipad, I found that it is taking long time to do this. I don't know whether sync is slow or if the backup is slow. I never had same type of problem with ipad. I don't know why ipad backup takes long time. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: ipad backup takes long time.

Have you tried to restart your ipad? If not, then you have to restart you ripad to get rid out of this problem. To restart iPad, first turn iPad off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider and iPad will turn off after a few moments.
    Next, turn iPad on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

From your information it seems that you have installed lot's of application in your ipad and that's why it takes lots of time to take backup. In this case you have to remove that unnecessary application from the ipad to fix this problem. You can delete those application in the following ways.
    1. Touch and hold any application icon on the Home screen until the icons start to wiggle.
    2. Tap the "x" in the corner of the application you want to remove. You may be prompted to rate the application.
    3. Tap Delete to remove the application and all of its data from your iPad.

Hey you have to update your ipad to fix this problem. You can do this in the following ways.
    iTunes also has the ability to update your device software. When you begin the process of updating your device, iTunes performs a standard backup* (as mentioned above). To do so, you should:
    1.Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.
    2.Connect your device to your computer.
    3.Select your iPad when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
    4.Select the Summary tab.
    5.Click Check for Update.
    6. Updating your device does not affect user content or settings.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

From your information it seems that you have save lot's of data on your apple ipad and that's why you are getting long time for taking backup of your ipad. If your ipad more data then it obviously takes long time to backup. There is no need to worry about it. It is the normal problem. Just regularly take back up of ipad.

You have to restore your ipad to fix this problem.
    Using the Restore function for your device is part of standard troubleshooting procedure. Restoring your device will delete all the data from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data. All settings are restored to their factory condition. Go to following link to get more information.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414