Thread: Unable to sync iPad

Unable to sync iPad

I have an Ipad and i am having a problem with it, ipad is unable to sync with the contacts, notes or the photos on computer. It can be synced with applications, songs, etc. There was no problem in syncing my contacts or notes with my iPhone 3gS. I have tried all the possible method to sync it but nothing worked. I have also tried restoring my iPad. Other things that works great but this is really a great issue. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to sync iPad

I was also having the same problem but i can say that the bookmarks they don't sync with Outlook 2007 and Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows 7 64-bit device. So if you want then you can try to re-install your ipad's driver which helps you to connect your ipad to the computer. Also check out the settings which can help you to sync your ipad correctly with the computer.

As you have said i also cannot sync the contacts or the calendar from the Outlook on Windows XP to the iPad. Other than this Music, photos, videos, and applications all of them can be synced. To do this i select "Sync contacts with Outlook" then "All contacts" and then "Sync calendar with Outlook" with "All calendars". After that i hit "Apply" and it goes with the sync cycle and then says "iPad sync is complete". Hope you understand.

I think you need to Update which is called Apple. They have been pointed to me to do a reset of my iTunes Sync History. This update cleared whatever problem was there out and my Outlook Calendar and contacts both were synced in about a minute and i was able to view them on my computer. Also you can clear out your sync history, which would be under Edit/Preferences/DeviceHistory/Reset Sync History.

I have also got the same problem, but i think it's common for both 3GS and iPad. I have spent over an hour on the phone with the Apple and tried all of their troubleshooting but with no luck, i was unable to do it. As i came to know that according to the tech support supervisor, the Apple engineers they are working on the problem. They have stated that there is a bug problem and it would be solved out as soon as possible.

Mable2 Guest

Personally, I wouldn't mess around with that backup. You're right, there's some software problem (probably in the PPC Registry) that's preventing synchronization. Personally, I'd go ahead and enter your unsynch'ed stuff into Outlook, hard reset, re-sync and re-install your programs. Maybe someone else in here has an idea for pulling info out of the backup file, but the only way I know of doing this is with an ActiveSync backup, not an iPaq Backup backup.