Thread: First Generation Bluetooth Keyboard and iPad?

First Generation Bluetooth Keyboard and iPad?

Hello, I am having First Generation Bluetooth Apple Keyboard which is having model A10160. It is working very good with my iMac. But, when I am trying to pair it with my iPad, it is not pairing with it. If you are having any solution on this, then please provide that to me. If you are having any solution then please provide that to me.

Re: First Generation Bluetooth Keyboard and iPad?

Hey, I think the Keyboard Bluetooth technology is not having that much speed of the pairing with your iPad. I think if you make use of the new Keyboard for getting the solution for your problem. It is just needed to make use of the new one which will simply provide you the good technology for the connecting your iPad with that keyboard. So, simply make use of it and then you will able to get the solution for your problem. You need to use Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology for your iPad.

Hello, I am also searching for the same solution. I am having 27" iMac bluetooth keyboard and wanted to pair it with the iPad, but I am not able to get that. If you are having any idea from which I will able to connect my iPad with the iMac bluetooth keyboard, then please help me to pair it. If you are having any idea from which I can connect it, then please provide that to me.

Hey, I am also facing the same problem. I am having 3 battery keyboard and it is pairing with the alum MacBook and myiMac. But, if I try to connect it with my iPad then it is not giving me solution for it. If you are having any kind of solution for this then please provide that to me. I will be thankful to you. I have search for the solution and not able to get the solution for it. If you are having that then please provide that to me.

Hello, you can simply use the iPad for getting the Bluetooth keyboard for wireless typing or Bluetooth headphones for wireless listening. Then if you want to pair it then you can make use of the following steps:
    • It is first necessary to pair if you want to use it.
    • In setting select the General tab.
    • Then select the Bluetooth and simply turn on it.
    • When you get prompt simply select the keyboard.
    • Done.

papatek Guest

You can use iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard for wireless typing, or Bluetooth headphones for wireless listening.
    Pairing Bluetooth Devices
    You should first pair the keyboard or headphones with iPad before you can use them.
    Pair a Bluetooth device with iPad:
    Follow the instructions that came with the keyboard or headphones to make it discoverable.
    In Settings, choose General > Bluetooth, and turn Bluetooth on.
    Select the keyboard or headphones and if prompted, enter the passkey or PIN number. See the instructions about the passkey or PIN that came with your keyboard or headphones.