Thread: Maximum Time to Charge Apple iPad

Maximum Time to Charge Apple iPad

Hi,
    Does any one knows the time limit to charge a apple ipad. I wonder how much to keep the iPad for charging so that it can give be a long battery life. Right now I am not keeping it for more than 2 hours. The power indicator shows up full charge. What are the different modes by which I can charge ipad outside my home where I cannot find a AC adapter.

Re: Maximum Time to Charge Apple iPad

I believed that like an ipod or iphone it must also be charged via a usb cable or dock. This is the most safest and proper way I found. But in this case iPad has a larger battery which consumes more power. I will recommend you to keep it for minimum 5 hours or more to get the ipad fully charged. This will give you a good battery life and long usage of iPad.

The power indication on the iPad will indicate the full charge of iPad. But don't put that more than long hours which can effect the working of iPad. There is a manual accompanied with every iPad. This manual will give you information the charging options for ipad and proper selection of a charging mode. Refer to that and get the proper information.

For the first time I had kept iPad for entire night for full charge. But after referring to a discussion on a forum I found that Apple iPad must not be charged for more than 3 to 4 hours. More than that can effect your iPad battery. 3 to 4 hours of charging will fully charge your iPad and you can use the same for long run. You can also charge it with a usb support.

There are various modes by which you charge your Apple iPad. The most common is the ac adpater provided with it. Other than this you can use a usb port on a iMac or MacBook Pro to charge the iPad. But you must also note down that iPad does not charge fully if it is connected of a PC. Older Mac models also are of no use for iPad. Try a ac adapter.

You get a wall charger for your iPad. That is the best way. Just connect the iPad with it and leave it for 3 to 4 hours. That is enough. For heavy usage you will need to keep for more 1 to 2 hours. The charging indicator shows you the amount of battery is charged. I will not recommend you to connect iPad to different laptops and computers specifically for charging.