Thread: how to save PDF files on the iPad

how to save PDF files on the iPad

Hello friends,
    I have recently bought a cool new apple ipad from the apple store. Last night I received one PDF file in my email, but I unable to save it. I don't know how to save it. Can anyone tell me how to save PDF files on the iPad? Please help me,.
    thank you.

Re: how to save PDF files on the iPad

Hey I think you can not save PDF files on the iPad. As per my information no apple devise is able to save pdf file that is received in the email. I think it is kind of bugs in the ipad. You have to go to following link and post your problem there. I hope they will definitely help you.
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey it is very easy to save pdf files in the ipad. When you next time receive the pdf files as attachment just click on the file and then proper folder to save your file. That's it. Now you can go to that folder and open that file.
    I hope this will help you.

From your information it seems that you are using Safari browser and that's why you are getting such type of problem. I think most of the people face such type of problem. I think you have to use another third party browser for your ipad to fix this problem. Just search for compatible browser for your ipad.

You can use following two option to do this.
    1.First you can directly download that pdf attachments and view this offline.
    2.I think due to some security concern you are not able to download and install that pdf file. Just try to download some other attachments and see whether you get same problem or not.

Why don't you used third party application like GoodReader for your ipad. using this you can read huge PDF, or TXT files.Within moments of downloading GoodReader, you'll be transferring files directly from your computer over a Wi-Fi connection, from the Internet or from email attachments. It also easily integrates with MobileMe iDisk, box.net, MyDisk.se and other popular WebDAV servers, and also with non-WebDAV services like Google Docs and Dropbox.

I had this problem too. It appears the bug on iPad 1 has been fixed on iPad 2.
    When receiving a PDF via email. You can view the PDF on the email, but lets face it. Its a PDF and I want to read it. No one can make out whats written as it viewed as an attachment.

Open the email with the PDF. When you can view PDF, hold you finger on it for a few seconds. You'll be prompted to view the PDF in iBooks.

Click the preferred reading app. the iPad will automatically open the PDF in that app.

Beware, it takes a while for the cogs to grind before actually displaying the PDF, but I guess thats just PDF's for you. I don't think I've ever had a PDF with any substantial information on it, open up in lest than 5 seconds on any device

You'll be presented with the selves on iBook then the PDF will open up. Not sure if it saves it anywhere though, other than keeps the copy in your email.

The most you can do is use a pdf app for ipad. Anyhow it is not really possible to save a .pdf fomat in iPad without a app support. There are chances to view the files with multiple free apps. Even the portable version of iWorks help for the same. It can view and read files. There are rare chances you can edit. But one thing you can do, is get a convertor app for your ipad and use it to directly convert any files to pdf.

There is a tool for that called as PDF Expert. This tool is for ipad and it is not free. You can buy this for iTunes store for $ 9.99. It is a rich application which provide number of options to modify pdf files on ipad only. Second a similar app which does the same thing is called as iAnnotate. I am not sure what feature they provide, but I am sure you cannot modify that completely. You can make minor changes as per your need.