Thread: Aladin Etoken PKI

Aladin Etoken PKI

I using this computer from last 2 years and i was using the windows vista which i have recently upgraded with the windows 7 operating system. Since i have upgraded my computer i have found that certificates are no longer published when i try to test the Aladdin eToken which is an USB form Factor Smart Card even if i have installed the certificate for eToken. Windows have made my USB Smart Card useless.

Re: Aladin Etoken PKI

I think it might be happening because of the “Certificate Propogation service” which would not be started yet. So first of all make it enable on your windows 7 operating system. If the Certificate Propagation service is not enabled on your latest windows OS then any kins of services which needs certification installed on your computer would not be working perfectly.

If your etoken is not working then i think the supporting middleware for the particular service would not be there. Check that Aladdin EToken requires any P11 middleware installed on your computer which might be the problem behind this problem. Or it might be happening because of unsupported drivers for your USB device. Make sure that both of these are there on your computer.

Alladin Etoken PKI Client 4.0 deployment and implements the PKI solutions in an enterprise to the next level by providing the following features.
    1. Simple local token management - New administrator user interface which helps you to answer local token on daily basis management needs.
    2. Enhanced security - Token password quality settings will be stored on the smart card-based device and not on to the computer system.
    3. Lost token solution.
    4. Multilingual support
    5. One-factor authentication support.

Alladin have told that there would not any support for the Alladin eToken on windows 7 would not be available untill the 1st quarter if the 2010. I think you come under this category only. I think you should use Mozilla Firefox to log on with the smart card for which you need to update the security device list in the firefox as follows. Go to the tools and open Advance from an options. Click on an encryption and then Security Devices and press Load. Module Name: enter "eToken PKCS#11 Module" and Module Filename: browse to c:\windows\system32\etPKCS11.dll. Press OK and get back to the main page.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's