Thread: Windows 7 64bit ASUS notebook issues (lock-up)

Windows 7 64bit ASUS notebook issues (lock-up)

Hello everybody, I have recently bought a new ASUS G51VX notebook on which 64 bit windows 7 operating system has been installed. I have found one kind of problem on my laptop that it is freezing up every time when i try to send any messages in an AOL Instant Messenger 7.1. I am facing this problem of not chatting with anybody is getting just beyond limits. I just can not chat with anybody as my messenger freezes my computer.

Re: Windows 7 64bit ASUS notebook issues (lock-up)

If you have really bought your laptop in last few days then you must use your warranty so that there could not be any chances of any major mistakes in your computer. Immediately contact to your dealer from where you have bought this computer. I think it must be happening because any kind of faults in an operating system which is i guess windows 7 64 bit version. There are many chances by which your laptop reacts in a strange way so you better do not handle this on your own for the further safety of your computer.

I think your laptop is behaving like the same way in which my notebook was behaving. It just does not like that you chat to anybody by using those laptops . At last i have found one messenger which can deal with this problem. Trillian Astra is a software which does not freezes your laptop and you can easily chat with your friends. But i think it is not much for many guys as yahoo, msn, gtalk etc are most demanding messengers which must be working on this windows version but i think you should keep on searching while you can chat with this messenger at least.

No matter whether your laptop supports for running without any problem with the instant messengers then i think you must try it to do in a Safe Mode of the windows operating system. I was facing this same problem on my sony laptop. But when i tried running the msn messenger from the safe mode then it worked fine. AS i was not having that notebook for much time so i do not know if any further problem has been faced in safe mode as well or not. But you may keep on doing your important work from the safe mode. Keep on pressing F8 key when your laptop starts which will take you to the windows booting options, Select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking.

Hi, I have faced the same problem on my customers MSI laptop, I have not tried to sort it out by myself as i have sent it to the MSI. But i think it should be causing because of some kind of out dated driver issue or it might happen because of any third party programs. I suggest you to troubleshoot this problem by following these steps.
    • Enter Clean Boot mode and try again.
    • Update device drivers and BIOS to latest version.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"