Thread: Suitable Driver for UPEK Biometric Device Fingerprint Reader that is recognized by Protector Suite QL and Windows

Suitable Driver for UPEK Biometric Device Fingerprint Reader that is recognized by Protector Suite QL and Windows

Hello friends,
    I have recently bought a cool new Dell XPS M1330 notebook which has inbuilt UPEK biometric fingerprint reader. The deivce is working fine, but I am having problem with driver setup. When I use driver i.e. provided by Windows Update, I only able to recognize the biometric device and I also able to use Windows fingerprint login functionality. But I want to use UPEK's Protector Suite QL for enabling biometric device to login to websites. When I use driver of Windows Update, fingerprint reader is not recognize by the Protector Suite QL and when I use driver of UPEK biometric devices does not recognize by the Windows. I unable to find Suitable Driver for UPEK Biometric Device Fingerprint Reader that is recognized by Protector Suite QL and Windows. Please help me in this issue.
    Thank you.

Re: Suitable Driver for UPEK Biometric Device Fingerprint Reader that is recognized by Protector Suite QL and Windows

I think you must use UPEK's Protector Suite to fix this problem, this is because UPEK's Protector Suite has proper drivers for your windows 7 and Protector Suite QL. Protector Suite supports both embedded sensors in notebook computers as well as desktop computers with external UPEK fingerprint readers.
    click here to get this software.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: Suitable Driver for UPEK Biometric Device Fingerprint Reader that is recognized by Protector Suite QL and Windows

As per my knowledge you have to download free biometric fingerprint software for Windows 7
    Protector Suite 2009 to fix this problem. It supports both the basic Microsoft-provided features (Windows Logon and UAC support) and additional biometric features: Fast User Switching support, Password Bank, Application Launcher and File Safe. Contains device drivers, WBF adapter, and the Protector Suite 2009 for Windows 7. Just go to following link and download driver as per your OS.
    http://www.upek.com/support/download...earnmorew7.asp

As per my information there are two types of UPEK applications and drivers are available that is known as egacy app and a "WBF" app. From these two application legacy application can be run on the all three type of Operating System i.e. Windows XP, Vista and W7 and WBF application is only run on the Windows 7. As Windows Biometric Framework API is supported by Windows 7 you have to use WBF application. In this case you have to use WBF application to fix this problem.

Hey I also have the same problem then I use the new WBF Protector Suite 2009 with WBF driver and then UPEK Biometric Device Fingerprint Reader is recognized by Protector Suite QL and Windows. I think you also use this to fix this problem. You can get trial version of it from the following link Just go there and download it as per your OS.
    http://www.upek.com/support/download...earnmorew7.asp

I have windows 7 64 bit. I have the kbyte fingerprint reader. I connected the usb to the computer and it downloaded software prod. name protector suite upek, version 1.4.0.. When I click on the exe file to open the program, it ask me the windows security biometric enrollment windows password. I don't have one. There is no light coming from the fingerprint. Need some help

Sirhavoc

Quote Originally Posted by sirhavoc View Post
    I have windows 7 64 bit. I have the kbyte fingerprint reader. I connected the usb to the computer and it downloaded software prod. name protector suite upek, version 1.4.0.. When I click on the exe file to open the program, it ask me the windows security biometric enrollment windows password. I don't have one. There is no light coming from the fingerprint. Need some help
    From where have you downloaded the file that you are talking about? There are currently two different types of UPEK applications (and drivers) available - a legacy app and a "WBF" app. The new WBF Protector Suite 2009 requires WBF driver to be installed and IS fully integrated with W7 biometric features.
    Free trial: http://www.upek.com/support/download...earnmorew7.asp