Thread: LaunchU3.exe do I need this?

LaunchU3.exe do I need this?

Hello to all,
    I have recently bought a cool new ScanDisk Cruzer 2gb. I have Macbook pro which is running Mac OS X. When I first time connect it to my computer, I found that it has "LaunchU3.exe" program. Can I delete this program. I want to asked is there any need of LaunchU3.exe? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: LaunchU3.exe do I need this?

As per my information LaunchU3.exe is also called as U3 Launchpad. The U3 Launchpad (LaunchU3.exe) is a Windows program manager that is preinstalled on every U3 smart drive and since your ScanDisk Cruzer is U3 smart drive, your pen drive has this application. The U3 Launchpad automatically starts at insertion of a U3 enabled device.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey I am also using ScanDisk Cruzer 4gb , but I am not having problem with this LaunchU3.exe. I think it is used to auto-open your pen drive when you connect your pen drive to your computer. I haven' any problem with it. There is no need to delete or remove that file from your computer. Just keep it as it is.

I don't know what is the type of your Pen drive. It means that if you are using pen drive with Fat32 then you can delete that file, because it will not affect your pen drive any more. In this type of pen drives you can delete all any file that you want. If you are using "U3 smart drives" then you will not able to delete this. It is important to open U3 Launchpad automatically.

I think you must use following two options.
    1.Just ignore it.
    or
    2.You can download the removal tool and just run it on the Windows computer.

I think LaunchU3.exe is also called as U3 Launchpad. You can remove U3 Launchpad in the following ways.
    1.First open the Launchpad Removal Utility for MAC.
    2.When asked, click on the Next button.
    3.If asked for backup just say no.
    4.now click on the Format button.
    5.Now your Launchpad will be removed and your pen drive will formatted.