Thread: Toshiba Satellite A75 boot issue with AC power

Toshiba Satellite A75 boot issue with AC power

I am facing a weird problem with the Toshiba laptop which I am using. I have a Toshiba Satellite A75 which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The problem is that the laptop does not boot when on AC power. Whenever AC adapter is connected to the laptop, the laptop only boots till the BIOS screen. If the AC adapter is not connected then the laptop drains the battery out. Is this some hardware problem? If anybody else is facing similar Toshiba Satellite A75 boot issue with AC power then suggest some solutions which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A75 boot issue with AC power

As the laptop is not booting when the AC adapter is connected, I will suggest that you get the AC adapter of the laptop checked as it may be faulty. There is a maximum power rating which is defined for a given laptop. The AC adapter which is used should provide exactly the same power to the laptop as specified. Any value higher or lower will create problems in normal working or laptop. Hence check the voltage supplied by the AC adapter by using a digital multimeter and see if it matches with the voltage specified. If there is any deviation, then get the AC adapter changed.

The problem which you are facing is due to the faulty motherboard. The power jack which is connected to the AC adapter is present on the motherboard of the laptop. Motherboard is responsible for providing correct voltage levels to all the devices which are connected to the computer. If the motherboard is faulty then it will not be able to provide correct voltages to all the devices and hence will give rise to problems like the one which you are facing. Get the motherboard checked and replaced if faulty. Replacing the motherboard will solve the problem.

Thanks for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I checked the output voltage of the AC adapter checked and found out that it is not faulty. Later I contacted the Service center and got the motherboard of the laptop tested. The motherboard of the laptop was faulty due to which the laptop did not boot when it was connected to the AC source. Now the laptop boots when the AC power is connected but the performance of the laptop is really slow. How to improve the performance of the laptop?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. The performance of the computer depends on many of the factors such as processor speed, ram and free space on hard drive. Every application when executed on the computer requires some memory and CPU usage allocated to it. Hence if lot of applications are running together on the computer, lot of memory and CPU usage will be allocated which will hamper the performance of the computer. Open the task manager and go to processes tab. Check all the processes which are running and terminate the processes which are unwanted and taking up lot of space on the memory. Check if the performance of the computer improves or not.

There are lot of system tools available which help in improving the performance of the computer. To improve the performance of the computer, click on start menu and go to Accessories. Select System tools, now from the list select Disk Defragmentor. Select the hard drive which you want to defragment and click on Start. Let the procedure complete. After completing the procedure, see if the performance of the computer has improved or not.