Thread: Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop CD/DVD Driver not working

Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop CD/DVD Driver not working

I am having the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop and i am having problem with the DVD drive of this laptop. This laptop has the Windows XP SP2 operating system installed in it. Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop CD/DVD Driver is not working. Many times this DVD drive not able to read the DVDs inserted in the laptop. I am getting this problem from last one week. So any help in resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop CD/DVD Driver not working

You are having the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop which has the Windows XP SP2 operating system installed in it. You are having problem with the CD/DVD drive of Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop. This DVD drive is not able to read the DVD disc inserted in it. So first of see that the DVD disc you are inserting in the DVD drive of the laptop is proper.I will advise you to check that DVD with some other computer system having the DVD drive.

There can be many reasons for this problem with DVD drive of the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop.May be tis issue related with the software or with the operating system of the laptop. I will advise yo to do the system restore of the laptop having Windows XP SP3. So may be the system restore can resolve this issue of the DVD drive in Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop. So restore the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop setting on the date when this DVD drive was working properly.

If this CD/DVD drive issue of the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop is not resolved after the system restore then i think this issue is related to the hardware . Because if it was the software issue then i would have been resolved by system restore. I think the lens of the DVD drive in Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop is not working properly. May be it is damaged or there is dust on the lens of the DVD drive.

This is the issue of the DVD drive lens of the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop. So you will need to clean the lens of the DVD drive of your laptop. After that it will start working properly. So get the DVD drive lens cleaning disc and clean the lens by this disc. After that the drive will read the DVDs inserted in it. I was also having the same kind of issue in the desktop with the LG DVD drive and it was solved by doing this.

If any of the above suggested solution for resolving the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop CD/DVD Drive issue is not working then it is the major hardware issue with the DVD drive of the laptop. So take the laptop to the Toshiba service center, they will check out the problem and resolve it. I think it is better than going to the local laptop repairing center. I will advice you to replace the DVD drive of the Toshiba Satellite A50 Laptop.