Thread: NAS compatible with PS3

NAS compatible with PS3

I am planning to have the some network storage which i can use between the Computer and PS3 with the help of the NAS Drive. So i wanted to know about the NAS compatible with PS3. Is it possible for PS3 to run with the NAS. If it is possible then let me know about the same so that i can also achieve the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: NAS compatible with PS3

I will advise you to go with the SimpleTech NAS which is very stable then any other NAS. This comes with the 1TB units which is coming around $320. And if you are having the Router between the PC and the PS3 then it is not that hard to configure the same. So buy the which i have suggested and configure with the PS3 and computer.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Here is the another which i used with my PS3 and it is known as the "Maxtor Shared storage II" So if you wish you can buy it and configure it between the PS3 and Computer. This is nice NAS drive which comes with the 1TB and let me tell you that it works great with my system. So hoping that you will also get the advantage of it. Thanks

I am using the readynas duo netgear which streams perfectly and having no issue with the system So if you are looking for that is having the nice performance then i will suggest you to have Netgear only as i am using the same and enjoying it. But make sure that before adding the same first scan the complete HDD for once.

The SmartStor NS4300N functions as a Digital Media Streaming Server by utilizing DLNA's UPnP Protocol via Home and Local Area Networks. As a UPnP Certified Device, UPnP Media Control Points can discover and stream Music, Pictures and Video (JPEG, MP3, MPEG2, WMV and more) directly from the SmartStor NS4300N using applications such as PowerDVD, Nero Showtime, Wireless HD Media Players and Sony's PlayStation 3.

Thanks for advising me about the NAS drive which is having the compatibility with the Sony PlayStation 3 that i have asked about and the quick response of the every one is appreciated. I have gone through all the detail about the same and will decide the one which suit to my need and let you know about the same.