Thread: Jailbreak iPod touch 3G on 3.1.2

Jailbreak iPod touch 3G on 3.1.2

Hi,
    I am planing to jailbreak my iPod Touch. I had upgraded its firmware to 3.1.2. So I cannot use the older application on this to jailbreak. I am looking for some tips to perform a proper overclocking for this. The second this I want to know that after overclocking which application can I use for better performance. Like among Cydia and RockApp which is best to use for installing app to phone.

Re: Jailbreak iPod touch 3G on 3.1.2

Download the software available in the near BlackRa1n requirement. Connect your iPod to your computer through the USB cable bay, turn off iTunes and then start the software and click on the application. Ignore the message and let iTunes do BlackRa1n. If all goes well you should have the photo on your iPod while GeoHot jailbreak. 30 seconds later, your iPod will be jail broken.

After the jailbreak, you may have noticed that Cydia / RockApp not install, it is quite normal. Just go on the application BlackRa1n installed during the jailbreak your iPod and select Cydia and / or RockApp and finally click on Install. I advise you to install RockApp which is much faster than Cydia. If your iPod did not jailbroken, first re-try again and if the problem persists.

Cydia became one of the applications the best known and most used in the jailbreak world. Cydia to install third party applications in need jailbreak to work. However, there is another unknown application which plays the same role, it is RockApp. To answer these questions, you will have to see comparison of the two applications which will help you to examine the speed, performance and design of each.

The starting time has been increasing with each new version of Cydia. Between the loading of data, downloading applications to update and then reload the data, the starting time up to 5 min. To avoid disadvantaging Cydia, so I record the startup time without there is an update of application. Contrary to Cydia, the RockApp starts up quickly and displays a small banner at the bottom left indicating the update source that does not preclude the use of RockApp.

Downloading and installing the theme goes very quickly (less than 20 seconds), however the reloading of data at the end is endless. It takes more than 45 seconds. Again, the reloading of data is much too long. An installation again very fast application of 12 MB. his is a final result, Cydia putting too much time to recharge these data gives place winner RockApp on installation time.