Thread: How to restore an toshiba laptop to factory settings

How to restore an toshiba laptop to factory settings

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L510-P401A. My pc has become slow and sometime it freezes. So I want to know how to restore an Toshiba computer to factory settings, as I don't want to format it. I have lost the manual that came with my laptop. Help appreciated from you !!!!

Re: how to restore an toshiba laptop to factory settings

Your laptop comes preloaded with Windows and to restore the factory settings need to perform a procedure called "Recovery, Toshiba to perform this procedure provides customers when they take on the portable two-CD for task, when you bought the laptop, you should have come, see if you have them (have to say Recovery) without those CD is impossible to restore the pc to its factory settings if you do not, you could search the web for download , Select the model of your toshiba (I think every model has its Recovery CD), then try to run it.

Without Recovery can not restore your pc to factory settings, or if your pc has a problem in the system that this is inrecuperable in that case if you have this CD, you will lose that comes preinstalled on Windows and its original license and economic value of this, which is the most important, you can reformat and install another operating system, Windows for example, but you need the CD of this and also get the drivers for your hardware compatible with the version of Windows that you are install.

Another alternative procedure that you may be interested to make a backup of the system and installed programs, similar to Recovery, but not the same and if you need to restore, reformat or reinstall of a problem at the moment, would you get a program called Norton Ghost, this program creates an image of your system in a partition on your hard drive so you can restore your system if a serious problem.

Depends on the manufacturer of your system, there are tools to restore the operating system, hard drive or both. If you do not have any of them (usually located in the Start menu or Control Panel) would require the installation disc for Windows Vista, without any of the previous best option is to use System Restore to return it to a previous configuration.I would recommend you to get the Recovery CD from your pc, if you do not have them, download them from somewhere, you could also buy or ask the Toshiba service technician if they have Recovery CD. I hope the information is useful.