Thread: Motorola Cliq vs Apple iPhone 3Gs

Motorola Cliq vs Apple iPhone 3Gs

Hi,

I am planing to purchase a new mobile phone in the coming week. I have actually two mobiles in my mind i:e Motorola Cliq and Apple iPhone 3Gs. So I would like to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of both the phones. If you are already using it, please tell me your views regarding it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Motorola Cliq vs Apple iPhone 3Gs

Motorola Cliq is a slider, but also the thinnest phone with full qwerty keyboard! And that's essential when you text a lot, virtual keyboards are excellent, but never at the height of good physical keyboard. But I also think that this phone is a killer, being the first phone based on Android last generation processor (Cortex A8). But hopefully not the last! And it's going to change everything at speed and ease of use.

Motorola Cliq, it's amazing, and I personally like the Pre Palm has more than the iPhone, sometimes for the same reason. However, a fat device with a QWERTY side is not always all that comfort. Cliq is right hamstring in the social integration of its presence in the media, and also filter out minor updates on twitter, etc (as group events). A 528MHz processor in a heavy user interface and smartphone may be poor. Although not conclusive, however, I am sure this would not be very clever and quick.

The Motorola Cliq offers some pretty impressive specifications, has a 528MHz Qualcomm processor, 256 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM, you can add storage space to 32GB via microSD slot, the phone works Android 1.5. The 3G iPhone has a 600MHz processor and 256MB of RAM, also has 3.5 inches that supports a resolution of 320 x 480, has a 3.1 megapixel camera, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1, Assisted GPS and obviously iPhone runs OS (3.1).

The iPhone 3G seems to be able to do this, but after seeing a presentation on the Cliq Motorola still have doubts about what to buy. The Cliq Motorola has a 5 megapixel camera, a sliding QWERTY keyboard, a headset jack 3.5 mm, Motoblur interface and Android. As the amount of Android applications is rapidly growing (10,000 applications) and more and more.

I just received the Cliq instead of my iPhone 3G and so far I'm thinking about going back to Apple for the 3GS. I hate the feeling of being controlled by Apple and only way of doing things, but the Cliq simply lacks the same feeling. Its touchscreen is not as easy (but close) and freezes at times (not just GAL freezes, although that is the opening text messaging).