Thread: Copy Itunes from a Imac to a macbook

Copy Itunes from a Imac to a macbook

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a macbook and wanted some manual configurations but unable to do within the proper way.

I need to copy my itunes folder from Imac to macbook, The size of My itunes folder is near about 200 GB and I don't want to do this through an Ipod and also don't have much money to buy an external hard drive for it. You all have any suggestion and method to transfer the folder.

Thanks

Hey !

Why you are not trying to use the sharing feature. Just turn the sharing mode into on from:

system preferences => sharing, on the computer that contains the itunes library, then after open up the macintosh hard disk on your other computer, pick up the mac which is broadcasting and click on it to log into it.

Then after open the itunes and move to preferences => advanced tab and select the location where it is stored on the other machine.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have one solution which is very easy to do that but you have to follow some steps and use "Migration Assistant" contained within your Utilities folder inside the Application folder. These are the some link which will assist you to manage the operation :

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3322
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h.../en/27921.html
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can try this one to fix your problem which is issued by the official guidance by the Macintosh. There are much more solution related to the problem of iPod and it's connectivity and transferring files and folders.

The guidelines link is as follows to configure and transfer using the OS related tools : http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...31222044506360

Thank you very much for your effective reply. I used migration assistant to fix the problem over a wireless network and it occurred the message that the operation can take 70 hours to transfer my itunes and it is so long time for me then I decided to connect my time machine and done it through USB on that and It has been fixed with the mean time.

Thanks