Thread: Toshiba Laptop won't boot, no screen

Toshiba Laptop won't boot, no screen

Hello Guys,

I am having Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop from three months. I am getting troubled while booting this Toshiba laptop. When I turn on my laptop black screen appears. At that time the keyboard also doesn't work, but the CD ROM still runs. I am not getting exact cause behind this booting issue of my Toshiba laptop. If you have any solution over this booting problem, then please let me know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Toshiba Laptop won't boot, no screen

Hi friend,

It seems that there might be some hardware issue in your Toshiba Tecra S1 laptop. There are more chances of having hardware issues in your CD ROM. The best way to sort out the booting problem of your Toshiba laptop is to visit to the service center of your laptop. They will definitely solve all your laptop problems.

To solve this issue of your Toshiba laptop, for that you first need to turn on your laptop. After this you will immediately hold the F8 key. The you will get the Advanced Boot Options menu. When you get this options, then you will need to choose 'Repair Your Computer'. The you will reach the reach the System Recovery Options menu. Then you will need to select 'Startup Repair' from there. I hope this information will help you.

I am having the similar type of issue with my Toshiba laptop. In the way to solve this booting problem of my laptop, I contacted to the service center of Toshiba laptops. They told me that the DVD drive of my laptop is faulty and you need to replace it. After replacement of DVD drive the booting problem of my laptops got solved. I think same might happened with you also.

There are many factors which cause problem while booting. If the bootable CD that you are using to boot you system is faulty, then you will definitely get issue. I suggest you to try booting of your laptop with another bootable CD. If you are still getting the same problem while booting, then I think you need to replace your Toshiba laptop.