Thread: Importance of Recycling Computers and Mobile Batteries

Importance of Recycling Computers and Mobile Batteries

Hello everyone,
    I have given an assignment on the recycling of the computers and the mobile batteries. I have searched this topic on the web but I was not getting the details that was expected. So I thought that you guys are technical enough to provide some information about it.!! Please give me some importance of Recycling Computers and Mobile Batteries. Thanks in Advance.!!
    "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... I will fear no evil." -Psalms 23

K8N Diamond Plus (BIOS v1.2)
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
    Antec TruControl 550W
    NVidia GeForce 7900GT (NGO v1.8466 BETA)
    OCZ Platinum 2x1GB (2-3-2-5)
    SATA: WD740
    PATA: 2xWD2500, WD1200, NEC DVD/RW

Re: Importance of Recycling Computers and Mobile Batteries

Regarding the mobile sector, major manufacturers and operators since 2007, been implementing a plan for collection, which currently has 155 points to collect unused phones and accessories. Moreover, the Ministry of Environment, Housing and Territorial Development has accompanied the development of individual programs of companies that manufacture or sell computers in the country, for the collection and handling of such waste. Similarly, you can enter the collection program DELL computers via the website www.dell.com/co/, entering the word recycled in the form and then, by clicking on the link Service Recycling DELL.

Organizations and even governments around the world are calling for the effective implementation of measures for recycling, especially since research has shown that natural land resources are fast depleting due to the continued presence of toxic elements and unreusable. Some of these items include computers, batteries and cell phones, which have become staples in most homes and offices. Minerals found on earth are non-renewable resources and should be used these and depleted due to the presence of small particles even fatal.

Computers, on the one hand, are tiny particles of bioaccumulative compounds that may constitute a nuisance not only to animals and bodies of water, but human beings. The batteries, however, contain cadmium, lead and mercury. If the battery is removed carelessly, can end up in incinerators and landfills. The land surface can leach toxic ingredients of batteries and this can lead to contamination of soil and water. Therefore, everyone is encouraged to learn the importance of recycling computers and batteries and cell phones.

Cell phones have become indispensable gadgets. In fact, the number of cell phone subscribers is expected to grow by the billions every year. However, while some consumers store old cell phones and find outlets where they can be recycled cell phones, many of them include those old in household garbage, causing highly toxic elements such as mercury and lead are found in each unit cell phone to be released. It is important to keep these items from landfills in order to maintain soil health and animals that depend on land for food.

There are many resources available to help recycle computers, batteries and mobile phones. On the one hand, there are organizations that take these old items leave through the collection centers of origin or the regime. These organizations or renew items and donate them to the economically hard up or send them to a recycling center for proper disposal. You can also contact the manufacturers of these products and ask if they have a program for recycling. Companies that have programs for recycling even offer free pickup of your old computers, batteries and cell phones.