Thread: How to improve HP's battery performance?

How to improve HP's battery performance?

I am having a HP's laptop which was purchased four months ago. I have heard that if battery is not used properly, then their life span decreases. So I want to know about the performance of the battery and want to improve it. Since, I don't know anything about the batteries, I thought that asking you would help me.!! So, please tell me how to improve HP's battery performance? Hope that someone will help me soon.!!

Re: How to improve HP's battery performance?

You will have to know about the basic things before looking at the battery performance. The notebooks run on two types of supply : power adapter (which is obtained by plugging the AC adapter into a wall outlet) and DC power (which is obtained from the battery). The energy plan is the collection of hardware and system settings that manages energy use in your computer. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance or to obtain a balance between the two.

I am providing you the factor that are responsible for the loss of battery capacity :
    1. Cells in lithium ion batteries (Li-Ion) suffered a loss of gradual and irreversible capacity with every cycle of loading and unloading. This wear occurs most rapidly when the temperature and discharge rate increases.
    2. The self-discharge rate of a Li-Ion battery is higher if the battery is left in an unpowered notebook.
    3. During prolonged storage or unused, the battery will decrease to a level below the recommended voltage is low.

Leave the dead battery for an extended period of time will accelerate the decline in total cargo capacity (FCC). Leaving the battery with a high level of charge in an environment with high temperature for long periods of time (for example, operate a notebook in a docking station with a heavy load) will also accelerate the loss of capacity. The implementation of high performance applications using the battery accelerates the loss of capacity. For example, 3D gaming FCC decrease faster than the word processing applications.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would like to recommend the following things for improving HP's battery performance :
    1. Store Li-Ion batteries at temperatures between 20 ° C and 25 ° C (68 ° F and 77 ° F) with 30% to 50% charge.
    2. Do not disassemble, crush or puncture the battery. Do not short circuit the external contacts of the battery. Do not incinerate the battery or jump into the water.
    3. Do not leave batteries exposed to high temperatures for long periods of time. Prolonged exposure to heat will accelerate the deterioration of the lithium-ion cells.

Also try to do the following things that can be useful for improving the HP's battery performance :
    1. Remove the battery if the notebook will keep (off and not connected to AC power) for over 2 weeks.
    2. Remove the battery if the notebook will be continuously connected to AC power for over two weeks.
    3. Use the type of battery with higher capacity rating if the notebook will run high performance applications with battery power.
    4. Calibrate the battery depending on the type of use. With normal use, the batteries should be calibrated at least once every 3 months, but rarely a battery is discharged completely should be calibrated once a month.
    5. Use only the battery that came with the computer, spare batteries or a battery provides compatible HP purchased as an accessory.