Thread: Unable to receive calls in Nokia 5230

Unable to receive calls in Nokia 5230

I am using Nokia 5230 phone from the last three months and still now i haven't got any kind of problem. But yesterday one problem occurred with the phone, i was not able to receive calls. I am using airtel sim on my phone and i have contacted them, they said that it is not from the operators side it might be the phone's problem. Please confirm me that it is a phones problem or the operators problem. And also provide me some solution on this topic.

Re: Unable to receive calls in Nokia 5230

I think this is a problem of your phone and not the sim cards problem. So it is important that you need to check it out with the Nokia service center, as your phone is in the warranty period. Just go there and tell them your problem with the phone. I have seen that there are most of the people who have faced such kind of problem with the phone. So if you want to solve this problem please concern ot with the service center.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am also using this phone and i have also faced such kind of problem with this phone. This is not the problem of network, as there are most of the time when the phone hangs up and in this situation you are not able to receive and make calls with the phone and also if you want then you can do the restart of the phone and after that you can do anything what you want. This phone is not so good as it always hangs.

I think you need to update the software of the phone which is available on the Nokia's website and if you have gprs service activated on your number than you don't need to go on th internet. Just go on the applicaiton on your phone which is called software updates, enter in it and it will provide all the updates for your phone. If will fix all the problem on your phone which you are currently facing.

If your phone has many applications and data files which is stored in the phone memory and memory card then you need to remove all the unwanted data from the phone and after that restart your phone to avoid all the problems. After that try to open any of the applications and see whether it hands or not. Also you can format your phone and reset it completely with the help of codes which are available on the Nokia's website.