Thread: Want to reformat the Dell Mini 10v netbook

Want to reformat the Dell Mini 10v netbook

I am having the Dell mini 10v netbook which has the Windows XP operating system. I am facing lots of issues with this netbook. So i am thinking of reformatting Dell Mini 10v netbook. As you know netbooks does not come with the DVD drive. So i want to know that how can i reformat the Dell Mini 10v netbook. or any other solution to resolve the netbook issue.

Re: Want to reformat the Dell Mini 10v netbook

You are having the Dell mini 10v netbook which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. You are looking to format the operating system and install the fresh copy of the Windows XP operating system because you are facing many issues with this Dell netbook. You can format the OS using the installation disc of the Windows XP operating system.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I dont think so you should directly go for formatting the operating system of the Dell Mini 10v netbook and install the fresh copy of the Windows XP operating system because this netbook does not have the DVD drive. So first i will advice you to run the system restore. May be this can resolve the problems of your Dell netbook. So restore the system setting of the netbook on the date when the netbook was working properly.

If the problem is not resolved after restoring the system settings of the laptop on the previous date then i think you should go for formatting the Windows Operating system and install the fresh copy of the operating system. But you have not mentioned the exact problem you are facing with the Dell Mini 10v netbook having Windows XP operating system.

As the Dell Mini 10v netbook does not comes with the inbuilt DVD drive, so you have to get the external USB dvd drive for installing the fresh copy of the Windows XP operating system in your Dell Mini 10v netbook. So get the external DVD drive and connect to the netbook install the Windows XP installation disc. Format the old XP and install the new fresh copy of the Windows XP operating system.

I think before reformatting the Dell Mini 10v netbook you should try to resolve the problem by restoring the initial factory setting of this Dell Mini 10v netbook. May be this can fix the problem you are facing with the Dell Mini 10v netbook. So press the F8 key to get into the advanced starting options on the netbook and select the Repair the system option from the list. Select the program which restores the factory setting.