Thread: Help with MP4 Digital Player

Help with MP4 Digital Player

I am facing a weird problem with the MP4 player which I have recently got as gift. I am having a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The Mp4 player looks like an Ipod but does not have the apple logo. The problem is I am connecting the Mp4 player to the computer but is not getting detected. The Mp4 player is new and hence I cant figure out what is causing such problems in detection. Therefore I need Help with MP4 Digital Player. So people please help me in solving the issue.

Re: Help with MP4 Digital Player

As the player is new, it must be covered under warranty. Hence I would suggest you to take the player to the nearest service center and get the player checked. Mostly the player will be faulty and hence it is not getting detected. So if the player is faulty, it will be replaced for free or the problem with the player would be rectified by the technician and the player would be returned. Take the player to the authorized service center and get it checked.

The connecting cord which you are using must be faulty. The connecting cord which is used to connect the portable music players to the computer is an USB cable. USB cable consist of lines of conductors. These lines of conductors can get damaged due to improper storage or improper handling. If any of the lines of the conductor is damaged, the communication between the computer and the player will not be proper and hence will not get detected. Try changing the cord and see if the player is detected by the computer or not.

Check if the USB drivers are installed and working on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as mediator between the computer and the player. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly on the computer, right click on My computer and then select Device manager. High the USB adapters and check if there are any caution signs. Follow troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. If troubleshooting does not help, then try and update the drivers.

The player which you are using is not an Apple portable player as it does not have an apple logo. All the apple players have an Apple logo engraved on the back panel. If the Apple logo is not engraved then that means the player is not an Apple product. I will suggest that you ask your friends from where did they bought the mp4 player and get it replaced from the shop.

It can be because of the USB port on which the player is connected. Sometimes the USB port on the motherboard is faulty due to which the device connected on it will not be detected. Try and connect some other mass storage device on the same USB port and see if it is detected. If the device does not gets detected, then the port is faulty. Change the port on which the player is connected. See if the player gets detected or not. Hopefully changing the port on which the device is connected will solve the problem.