Thread: Ipod touch sync error 6999

Ipod touch sync error 6999

Hi,

I have a iTouch: 32GB version 3.1.3. Whenever I connect my iTouch to my computer, I get error 6999 after that sync is stopped and returns on the menu and the application unusable. I have to reconfigure as the new iPod ... I have seven windows and it runs in 64bit may be the cause? Can you tell me why I am getting Ipod touch sync error 6999 ????

Re: Ipod touch sync error 6999

When you sync calendar or contacts, you look at the data in the MobileMe Calendar or in the MobileMe Contacts. If your data there are obviously not correct, the problem does not affect your iPod touch. Make sure that on your iPod touch, the latest software is installed. To all MobileMe members who use an iPod touch is recommended, iPhone, OS 3.0 or newer.

Try to put all your images in the folder "My Pictures" from "my computer". Do not put anything in that folder to share pictures to the ipod. Delete (empty the trash) the file name "ipod cover" completely . In the settings file, select "show hidden files". Go to "computer / C / Program Data / Apple Computer / iTunes" is totally delete files "SC.info" and "iPod devices", restart the computer. Launch iTunes, connect your ipod then in synchronization of files in the itunes tab select "sync folder My Pictures . Then "apply" to synchronize the ipod.

If data that sync to your iPod touch are a number of unexpected changes, it may be necessary to reset your sync history. iTunes will prompt you to systematically merge or replace information on the device the next time you try to synchronize your data. To reset your sync history:

1. Open iTunes.
    2. In the menu Select Preferences.
    3. Click the Devices tab.
    4. Click Reset Sync History.

If you have problems via USB sync your contacts or calendars on the iPhone or iPod touch with iTunes, an improper installation of iTunes can avoid synchronizing contacts and calendars on your iPod touch. To reinstall the software needed to synchronize data on your iPod touch, you need to remove Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes on your system before installing the new version of iTunes.