Thread: Random shut down issue in Macbook

Random shut down issue in Macbook

Hello there, I have a Macbook which is installed with Mac OS X Snow leopard on it. The Macbook was working fine and I was really loving the feel of it but now the Macbook shuts down randomly while running some applications. I cant figure out what is causing such problems and hence need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if anybody knows how to solve the Random shut down issue in Macbook then please share some information about the topic which might help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Random shut down issue in Macbook

The new Macbook which are powered by the Intel processor face the problem with SMC. SMC in the Macbook is responsible for carrying out all the lower level functions. If the SMC of the Macbook is not working properly then the user will face problems which are similar to the problems which you are facing. To bring back the computer to working state, you will have to reset the SMC of the Macbook. To reset the SMC, shut down the Macbook and disconnect the AC adapter. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and then check if the macbook is working fine.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

By looking at the problem it looks like a heating issue. The CPU and the GPU of the computer gets heated up when any process is executed on the computer. If the temperature of the CPU or the GPU crosses the threshold level then the system will shut itself down to prevent damage to the internal components of the computer. Therefore I would suggest you to check the temperature of CPU and GPU of the computer and see if they are within specified range. You can try and implementing extra cooling solutions for the Macbook and see if the problem still persists or not.

Logic board is responsible for controlling all the functions which are carried out by the computer. It is responsible for taking all the logical decisions and to provide correct voltage levels to all the peripherals which are connected to the computer. Therefore if the logic board of the computer is faulty then some devices which are connected to the computer will not receive correct powers and hence will result in computer not working properly. Hence get the logic board of the Macbook checked and if the logic board is faulty, replace it and check if the problem persists or not.

By looking at the problem, it looks like the operating system on the computer has got corrupt and hence the computer is shutting down randomly. The operation of operating system depends on lot of files. If any of the files which is associated to operating system gets corrupt or is missing on the computer, then the operating system will not work properly. If you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using then insert it in the drive and boot the system from the disk. Install the operating system in install/archive mode which enables the user to use the applications which are installed on the previous operating system. Once installed check if the computer shuts down randomly or not.