Thread: Unable to find the sleep mode on Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop

Unable to find the sleep mode on Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop

I am having the Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. I am facing problem with the sleep mode in this laptop. I am unable to find the sleep mode on Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop. I was thinking that i will enable the sleep mode then i can quickly resume the work after sometime of the break. But not finding it in the laptop. Help me in finding sleep mode in this laptop.

Re: Unable to find the sleep mode on Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop

You are having the Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. You are having issue related to sleep mode in this laptop. You want to set the sleep mode on in this laptop if you will not use the laptop for some specific period of time. So when you resume you work you can directly get to the position on which you have stopped your work.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You are having problem in finding the sleep mode on Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop. So follow the steps given below and you will get the sleep mode in your laptop.
    Start menu-> control panel-> power option.
    There you can find the Sleep mode option in your laptop. Set the time period for enabling the sleep mode till when you are not using the laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You cannot find the default sleep mode setting in any of the laptop or the desktop computer system. You have to manually configure it by yourself. You have to edit the power scheme of your laptop for doing this. Set the "Turn of monitor" option on for the time when you are not using the system for the specific time period. Set the "turn off hard disk" to never. Now your laptop will go in the sleep mode after the time set by you, if you will not use the laptop for that particular time period.

You can also enable the stand by mode of your Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop. So you can resume your work from the same point where you had left your ongoing work in the laptop. This will resolve the problem of the sleep mode that you are facing in your Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop. This is the way many people uses to resume their work on the laptop or on the desktop computer system.

You can also enable the Hibernate mode in your Toshiba Satellite R15 laptop. Because this has the benefit over the sleep mode and the stand by mode in the laptop and desktop computer system. In stand by and sleep mode only the monitor system goes to the sleep mode but the hard disk of the laptop keeps on working and running. But in Hibernate mode you can resume your work next time you start the system after shutting down. So you can shut down the whole system in hibernate mode and resume your work from the same point where you stopped last time.