Thread: Dell inspiron 6400 error: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

Dell inspiron 6400 error: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

I am having the issue with Dell Inspiration 6400 which is giving me error. Till the yesterday it was working all fine but today morning when i turn it on Dell inspiron 6400 error: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME . I am unable to get the reason behind this issue. So if any one can help me with the same then it will be helpful for me to get rid of the same. Thank you.

Re: Dell inspiron 6400 error: UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

Have you gone through the Dell Inspiron Diagnostic? If not then try to run that Dell Diagnostic on your device and then sort out the problem of your own. The tools is made to recognize the problem related to the Dell. If any problem is persisted the tool check for it and detect it and if possible will correct the same. So do as i said and let me know whether it works for you or not.

As you have said to me to run the Dell Diagnostic for the device of mine to fix the error on the Dell Inspiron 6400. I have tried to sort out the issue with the same and git error:
    error code: 0142
    Unit 0: Drive self test failed. status byte=7
    Which i am unable to understand so help me with this also.

The error which you are getting with the Dell diagnostic define as the Failure of the hard drive. It seems that your hard drive is no longer working with your Dell Inspiron 6400. So you have to upgrade your system with the another hard drive. So all you can do is to replace the it with the new one. Thats all i can help you with this issue. Thanks.

If you have any kind of problem with your Dell laptop then its better to ask about the same on the dell support which will give the advice for the same. Or you can call on the dell helpline for more help regarding the issue which you are getting. And if it requires to change any hardware they will do the same for free it is in warranty period.

If you are getting the UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error that means your Hard Drive is no longer working for you. So the first step is to take the back up of the data of your hard drive. There are lots of tool available for the same but i will suggest you to take the hard drive to some repairing shop and they will give you the proper advise for the same.