Thread: Gateway 600ygr Date-Time Problems

Gateway 600ygr Date-Time Problems

I am using a Gateway 600ygr laptop. I have been using this laptop for quite sometime now. Last week I installed Counter Strike on my laptop and after that there have been a number of issues one of which is that the computer's date time get freezed at the time of start-up. The clock just shows the time at which the laptop was booted and it does not moves ahead. How to fix it?

Un-install Counter Strike

Check if un-installing the game works for you or not. Probably it seems your laptop is not compatible with the Counter Strike Game. This has thus caused unnecessary changes to your system. If your system was working fine prior to the installation of Counter Strike then un-installing the game might just solve the issue for you.

Re: Gateway 600ygr Date-Time Problems

My suggestion is that you might need to update your BIOS. The settings of Date-Time usually are stored in your BIOS and thus it seems that your BIOS has been modified. To get the Date-Time settings back to normal BIOS updating is the feasible solution. Thus, I suggest you to update your BIOS settings. This should probably solve the issue.

Run Safe Mode Scan Gateway 600ygr

I am having a HP Pavilion DV2-1003AX laptop. The issue that I also had with this laptop is similar to what you have discussed. In my case the clock used to run very slow and used to stop working after about 40 - 50 minutes. I booted my laptop to safe mode and then I ran a safe mode scan with my Kaspersky anti-virus and to my surprise it detected a trojan which was deleted successfully. I then rebooted my laptop to normal mode and it was working well. So you might also try the safe mode scan.

Reinstall Operating System

Have you tried re-installing operating system. From your description it seems to be an error because of some system files being corrupted pr might also be missing as a result of unknown deletion. Thus, to get the system stable I guess you need to re-install operating system. Also before installing any game go through it system requirements to see if it is compatible with your Gateway laptop.