Thread: Laptop Battery Charges Partially

Laptop Battery Charges Partially

From a long back i am facing issue with my laptop battery it gets partially charged, so first time i had changed the laptop battery and bought a new one which was working fine for 5 months, no once again i am facing the same issue of partial charging issue and this time my battery is in warranty period, can anyone tell me where it's an battery issue or the problem lies with my hardware ?

Laptop battery charging issue

Most of the time it's an battery issue because if you are using third party battery, then they don't have long life as compared to the original one and they are also available at my cheaper rate, but as you had mentioned that your battery is under warranty period then get it replaced and make sure you use original battery.

Yes i also agree with Crona, i am having Dell laptop and i was using third party battery where it used to charge partially after few days then i told one of my friend about the issue and he had one extra battery with him so he told me to use it for few days till now onwards i am not facing any issue, it might happen that you are also having same issue because you are using third party battery, have a check for the same.

There are many reasons for why your Battery Charges Partially it might happen that you are using your laptop throughout the day on your battery, if you are doing so then i would you suggest you to remove your battery from back and plug in you adapter and try to use your laptop with direct connection instead of using it with battery or it might happen that there would be some other issue check out below threads it will help you a lot

Toshiba NB100 laptop battery issue
    HP dv 2626 Laptop battery problem
    Laptop Battery Problem

My brother was also facing similar type of issue where his battery used to charge partially, then he took the laptop to the service center, they told him that he has to use rapid-charging option which is available under custom tab inside your Power Options or you have to use special battery software which would had come with your laptop.

If you are facing Battery issue then i would suggest you to go with Battery Life because it allows you to manage, monitor and control your Laptop's Battery usage. The percentage of battery life left is constantly displayed and at the same time it would also display time left to a full charge etc. For downloading battery life software click here