Thread: Verizon USB Modem

Verizon USB Modem

Hello to all,
    I have Wii which is 6 months old. I want to get that Wii on the internet. We access internet through a cell modem. It is a Verizon UM175 USB modem and I am not playing online game. Please help me to get our Wii on the internet using Verizon USB Modem. I also have Linksys BEFW11S4 router.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Verizon USB Modem

As per my information you can use your Linksys BEFW11S4 router to connect your Wii to internet, but you have to make following setting in it.
    Router Default Info
    Config Info: Launch Browser, Enter default IP
    Default IP: http://192.168.1.1
    User Name: Leave Blank
    Password: admin
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you have Linksys BEFW11S4 router, then there is no need to use Verizon UM175 USB modem for connect your Wii to internet. You have to just, make following setting in your Linksys BEFW11S4 router to do this.
    SSID: linksys -Found in "Basic Wireless Settings" area of "Wireless" tab
    WEP/WPA: Found in "Wireless Security" area of "Wireless" tab
    DHCP: Found in "Basic Setup" of "Setup" tab
    DNS Info: Found in "Basic Setup" of "Setup" tab
    Broadcast: Found in "Basic Wireless Settings" area of "Wireless" tab

As per my knowledge it is very difficult to do this using such type of modem. I am also using same type of usb modem i.e. Verizon UM175 USB modem. I used it via Alltell through wired connection, which is recently bought by verizon. Why don't you use Cyfre 3g router for your Wii.
    It has following features & benefits.
    ·Universal wireless internet access.
    ·Ease of use without installation of any driver, simply plug and play!
    · DSL and Cable Wi-Fi router replacement.
    ·Enable 3G service delivery to consumer Wi-Fi devices .

I think you have to use Wii setup guide to check whether your USB modem is able to connect your Wii to internet or not. This process walks you through getting your Wii console connected to the Internet from the very beginning, step by step. In order to help you get set up, we need to verify that you have everything you need.
    First, do you have a high-speed (broadband) Internet connection, such as Cable or DSL?
    Just click here and follow the steps.

If you are using Window xp the you have to use following steps.
    First open your network connections -> Now right click on verizon connection and choose properties -> go to advanced tab -> Now check "Allow other users to connect through this computers internet connection" -> now look out for your notebooks wireless connection -> If it is not there then drop xp's firewall and try it again -> Now again go to advanced properties -> click "settings" -> now again follow the steps.

im trying to send fax from my hp laptop via a um175 modem on verizon wireless. it says unable to initialize. how can i do this.? i do not have a landline so need to use wireless.

First you will need appropriate drivers for that. Check that your system has drivers or not. Click on Start > run and then type devmgmt.msc. In that click on Modem and check below that the modem is listed or not. If there is any mark on that you will need to download the most recent drivers. Try some kind of fax software that can give you an automated service to send fax.

i have the right drivers. i dont want to spend money for a separate fax service.there must be a fax program compatible with the um175 modem,

This is not the only you who is facing this problem. I have seen many of the users on other sites who are facing the same issue. There are many of the fax sending softwares available on web. Just search for them and then install that to your computer. It can also be the incompatibility matter with this. I wish that you will get out of the issue soon.