Thread: "Sim card registration failed" error on Nokia 5230

"Sim card registration failed" error on Nokia 5230

Hi friends,
    I have Nokia 5230 mobile phone and using it with the Airtel sim card. Yesterday when i made a topup of 98 rs. for having the gprs plan of 2GB free browsing for a month. It was done correctly and the plan was activated. After that when i tried to open any web page i got an error message that "no packet data available", i tried for several time and reset the gprs setting on the phone. But after some time i got an error message stating that "sim card registration failed", i don't know what is going on. Please help me..

Re: "Sim card registration failed" error on Nokia 5230

I think you need to contact your sim cards customer care service and ask them to solve this problem. I think this might be the network problem by which you are getting this kind of error message or it may be that the sim card is not placed correctly in the phone. So please try to contact them ans also check it your self by placing it once again in the phone. Hope you get my point.

You can also visit the airtel customer service center and there you need to place the request of your problem which you are facing it currently. And also tell them to check your sim cards properties, i think there is a problem with the sim card and it might have gone corrupted due to some reason. So don't waste time by contacting to the customer care people, directly visit the service center and solve your problem.

I was also getting same error message with my sim card, at that time what i did is i switched off the mobile phone and then removed the sim card and rubbed it slightly on the back of it and after that i placed it properly in the phone and then switched it on. After that what i saw that there was no problem occurred and i was able to surf internet on my mobile phone. So if you want then you can do the same method and then you can see.

I think you need to have another sim card because if you get this kind message means that the sim card which you are using has done out of date or there is some preblem with the sim card. So you can go to the airtel people and ask them to have different sim card with the same number which will be charged and then you can use it without any of the error in the future. Important if you purchase any of the sim card then you need to buy it from the particular operators store.