Thread: Toshiba Satellite DVD driver not working in Windows 7

Toshiba Satellite DVD driver not working in Windows 7

Hi there, I am having the Toshiba Satellite U205-S5002 which i have upgraded from Windows vista to Windows Vista. The problem is that Toshiba Satellite DVD driver not working in Windows 7 after the upgrade i have installed the DVD driver but that also does not work. Also the Device manager only shows the CD ROM and not the DVD. So help me to get my DVD back working. Thank you

Re: Toshiba Satellite DVD driver not working in Windows 7

Have you heard about the compatibility issue of the Windows 7 which is asking for the latest driver for the hardware software to run properly. The older version of the driver which are running on the older OS (In your case Windows Vista) can not be run on the Windows 7 so you need to download and install the latest driver for the same as you have made an upgrade of OS.

First of all thanks for the response, And yes i am well aware of the Windows 7 compatibility issue that is why i have installed the latest driver for the same. But that also did not work for me. I have worries about the Virus attack to so i have scanned the drive and nothing work. The driver only reads the CD when i put the DVD it runs but do nothing and shows the DVD empty.

OK if you have installed the latest driver but that also not work with you then i think you have to take some more changes. First go to the Device manager and uninstall the driver of the DVD and then restart your computer and then again try to install the driver for the same. Hope this will work for you. If works then say thanks.

OK if you have installed the latest driver but that also not work with you then i think you have to take some more changes. First go to the Device manager and uninstall the driver of the DVD and then restart your computer and then again try to install the driver for the same. Hope this will work for you. If works then say thanks.
    I have did the same and reinstalled the driver but this time also the DVD does not work in my DVD ROM. So give me some other solution.

Hey Sorry if i upset you but i am having the same issue with my Sony DVD writer which one stops responding with the DVDs and say that the DVD is blank. so i have taken the same for the repairing but after then repairing of the it works only for the one more week and not more then that. So i have replaced the same. So i think that you also need an replacement.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"