Thread: Getting error while uninstalling game on Dell Inspiron

Getting error while uninstalling game on Dell Inspiron

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which is installed with Windows Vista operating system on it. Few days back I installed Age of Empires II on the laptop but I was not able to play the game. The game terminated itself everytime I tried to run the game, so I tried to uninstall the game but I am getting a weird message while uninstalling the game. Whenever I try to uninstall the game, the system gives error message saying "The game cannot be uninstalled". I dont know what is the error and hence need your help. So if anybody else is getting Getting error while uninstalling game on Dell Inspiron, then please suggest some solutions to run the game or to uninstall the game. Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting error while uninstalling game on Dell Inspiron

Windows Vista operating system does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run at all or will give some errors while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows Vista is available on the official website of Microsoft. Therefore check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported by Windows Vista. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

To uninstall the game successfully from the computer. Login to the computer using an Administrator account. Click on Start menu and then select Control panel. In control panel, select Add/Remove programs. Now the list of all the applications which are installed on the computer will be visible. Now locate and highlight the Name of the game which you want to uninstall from the system. Now click on uninstall and let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete remove all the remaining files and the folders which are related to the game.

You can try and run the game in compatibility mode. All the versions of the operating systems which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode. Compatibility mode can be used to use the applications which used to run properly in the earlier versions of the operating system in the newer version of Windows. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Now go to compatibility mode and select the option which says "Run this application in compatibility mode". Select the version of Windows and apply the settings. Now see if the game works or not.

You can use the third party uninstaller to remove the game from the computer. There are many 3rd party uninstaller applications which are available online which can be used for removing the applications completely from the computer. Revo uninstaller is one of the application which can be used to remove the game. You can also delete the directory in which the game is installed and then use CCleaner utility to clear all the registry entries of the game. Download the mentioned utility and see if the game is uninstalled successfully.

Thank you all for replying to the post. I tried to uninstall the game from the admin account but still I was getting the same error. As suggested I downloaded the Revo uninstaller and installed it on the system. Using Revo installer I was able to uninstall the game without any problems. After Revo installer, I used CCleaner to remove all the registry entries of the game. Now all the traces of the game are removed from the computer.