Thread: Wireless and Ethernet connection issues in Macbook AIR

Wireless and Ethernet connection issues in Macbook AIR

I have been using Mac systems for a while now but have never faced such problems with it before. I have recently bought a Macbook Air which is installed with Mac OS X Snow leopard on it. I used to connect the Macbook Air to Linksys wireless router through which I used to access Internet but now the Macbook Air does not detect any wireless network. As I am not into networking, I cant figure out what the problem is and hence need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if anybody else is facing Wireless and Ethernet connection issues in Macbook AIR then please share some information about the same.

Re: Wireless and Ethernet connection issues in Macbook AIR

First check the configuration of the router to which you are trying to connect. Sometimes the configuration of the router changes when some device is connected or disconnected from the network. To check the configuration of the router, login to the router using the default IP address. Once logged in, go to the configuration page and contact the ISP. Get the proper settings which are required and then check if the router is configured properly. If there are any changes to be made, then do it and save the configuration. Once the configuration is saved, reboot the router and then see if the Macbook is able to connect to the router.

The operating system which is installed on the Macbook must be creating the problems which you are facing. Operating system of the computer is responsible for controlling all the functions of the computer and also taking logical decisions. The operating system has lot of files which are associated to it. Therefore if any of the files which is associated to the operating system is corrupt or found missing on the system then the computer will not work properly. Insert the installation disk of the operating system in the drive and boot the system from the drive. Install the operating system in install/archive mode which will enable you to use all the applications which are installed on the previous operating system. After reinstalling the operating system, you will not face the same problem again.

Check if the drivers for the network adapter are installed and working properly on the system. Every device which is connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as mediator between the operating system and device. Therefore if the appropriated drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. Hence I would suggest you to check if the proper drivers for the network adapter are installed and working. Try and update the drivers if necessary.

Most of the problems which are related to the MAC system are solved by doing a PRAM reset. Sometimes invalid entries get stored in the system memory. If the system memory of the computer gets flooded with the invalid entries, the operating system will not work properly. Hence to bring the system back to working state, you will have to clear all the invalid entries. To clear the invalid entries, you will have to perform a PRAM reset. To perform a PRAM reset, shut down the computer and locate the following keys (Apple, Options, R and P). Press and hold the following keys while booting the computer. Keep the keys pressed till 3 startup chimes are heard. Once 3rd start up chime is heard, release the keys and let the system boot normally.

Network interface card is responsible for establishing and maintaining the network connection. If the network interface card is faulty then the system will not be able to maintain the network connectivity. All the Network interface cards have a software interface programmed which can be used for testing. To check the NIC, ping 127.0.0.1 from the NIC and check the error in data sent and received. If there are no errors in the data sent and received then the NIC is working properly but if the there are any errors in the data sent and received then you will have to replace the NIC as it is faulty.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"