Thread: How to use Dell ExpressCard remote with VLC player?

How to use Dell ExpressCard remote with VLC player?

Hello friend,

I have recently bought Dell XPS M1330 laptop. With this Dell laptop I got an ExpressCard remote. But problem is that I don't have any idea about how to use this ExpressCard remote with VLC media player. I am not getting how to customize the VLC player setting for ExpressCard remote. If you know how to use Dell ExpressCard remote with VLC player, then please let know that. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: How to use Dell ExpressCard remote with VLC player?

To use Dell ExpressCard remote with VLC player, for that you need to configure each button of the ExpressCard remote with VLC player. For example you need to assign some buttons of ExpressCard remote for to increase or to decrease the volume. You need to assign some buttons to play the next audio or video song etc.

The Dell ExpressCard remote works with the Dell MediaDirect application and is also compatible with the Windows Vista Media Center and Microsoft PowerPoint. With no software interface or product specific driver needed for this remote to work, this remote offers ease of use and operation. It is compatible1 with any Dell system that has a consumer IR receiver.

To customize the keys of Dell ExpressCard remote for VLC media player, you to make some customization for the VLC media player setting. You first need to goto the tool menu of the VLC player. The you will need to select the option know as 'Preferences'. After this you will see the option hotkeys, you have to click over this option. Then assign desired functions to each hotkeys.

Hi friend,

I don't think that you are able to use the Dell ExpressCard remote with VLC media player. According to my information the Dell ExpressCard remote is only compatible with application known as Dell MediaDirect. You need to install this application to make use of Dell ExpressCard remote. This dell remote is compatible with windows vista operating system.