Thread: Kindle clock showing wrong time

Kindle clock showing wrong time

Hi friend,

I need you help to sort out one of the problem of my Kindle ebook reader. I have purchased kindle device before two months. But from five days this kindle ebook reader showing wrong timing. And unfortunately I don't know how to change the timing for kindle. If anyone know how to set the correct timing for kindle ebook reader, then please try to share same procedure with me. I would really appreciate your any help.

Re: Kindle clock showing wrong time

According to my information about the kindle ebook reader, you won't be able to change the timing. The kindle ebook reader automatically takes timing from the amazon's Whispernet. Because of this you can not make any changes to the kindle clock timing. I think you need to switch off the wireless services of you kindle and again it turn on. Try this trick to change clock timing.

You can not apply user defined timing for kindle clock. But you can achieve this customization of timing with manual installation of USB Networking Hack. And after this process you need to connect Kindle device via Telnet. After this you just need to use the "date" linux command. I have tried this procedure successfully. I suggest you to do the same.

I suggest you to try following procedure to set the correct timing for kindle clock:
    • First switch off Whispernet services from your kindle.
    • Next step is to switch off you kindle ebook reader.
    • After few minutes turn on you kindle device and the turn on Whispernet.

Thanks friend!!
    All your suggestion was quite helpful for me while setting the correct timing for kindle ebook reader. I followed the above mentioned procedure. I turn off the Whispernet services as well as the kindle itself. When I restarted the kindle ebook reader, I got the correct timing in it. All the kindle devices comprises the same timing as per the amazon's Whispernet.