Thread: Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter Beep

Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter Beep

Hello, I am having Gateway NV5378u laptop in my home. Now I am getting some of the unexpected problem. If you connect or disconnect the power adapter, it gives the loud beep sound. It simply like as the Windows xp error big. I want to know the solution from which I will able to remove the sound by making use of the disabling of it. If you are having any kind of solution then please provide that to me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter Beep

Hello, I am also having the Gateway NV5378u Laptop and if you are having any solution for this Power Adapter Beep sound then please provide that to me also. I am also searching for the solution from which I will able to disable that beep sound. I have tried to perform this before but, I have not able to disable it. If you will able to know the solution for this, then please provide that to me also.

Hey, I don't think that there is any kind of solution for this. It is in built facility provided by the company for getting the knowledge whether the Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter is connected and or removed or not. So, if you want to perform the solution on this, then there is not any solution to disable it. You can do one thing. You can simply make use of the sound icon. Simply mute the sound when you are going to change your power from battery to power lead. And get solution for your problem.

Hello, If you want to solve your Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter Beep problem then you need to perform the setting to your BIOS and you will get your problem solved for the beep. You just need to find out the setting for the beep and if you simply disable that setting then you will able to get the solution for your problem. But, while performing these setting don't change any other setting.

Hello, if you are having problem of the Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter Beep then you can solve that problem with the help of the gateway website solution. By making use of it, you will able to get the solution for your problem and get assistance on it. So, you need to visit the link below, if you want to solve your problem.

Gateway NV5378u Laptop

I am quickly discovering that I am just one of many that is not only highly annoyed by this loud beep, but also unable to find any sort of resolution to this issue. I am now wondering if this is consistent with every one of these laptops of this model number. I had 2 live chats with techs from gateway last night, whom of which I would consider absolutely useless, and they could only offer the notion that it is a hardware problem. It was funny the way they acted as though it was the first time that they had heard about this issue. Anyhow, since they came to the conclusion that this mysterious beep was a hardware problem, they wanted me to send it in for repairs. That's not going to happen.

Well, if any of you out there find a way to turn off this annoying beep, please let us all know.

You know, other than the loud beep, I love the machine. It's a great little computer. Too bad this beep is killing my high tech buzz!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Hello, if you are having problem of the Gateway NV5378u Laptop Power Adapter Beep then you can solve that problem with the help of the gateway website solution. By making use of it, you will able to get the solution for your problem and get assistance on it. So, you need to visit the link below, if you want to solve your problem.

Gateway NV5378u Laptop
    Gonzo, what exactly are you referring to? The only things I found there were a few useless driver updates. If I am missing something, please correct me and I will GLADLY try out your recommendation. If it works, I will gladly acknowledge that "YOU ARE THE MAN". Other than that, I see no help on the Gateway website. Please prove me wrong! PLEASE!

The beep sound have a corresponding error indication. Like a continuous long beep shows that there is faulty ram in the laptop. You have to show that to some service center. Because you cannot find out the issue till you can boot up the laptop. Just show that to some authorized service center nearby your house. I think your system's ram is dead or wrongly placed.

I finally found a solution that works!

How To Disable the Annoying Beep on Gateway Laptop When Plugging In or Unplugging

These directions are for Windows 7

1.Right click on the sound icon down by the clock.
    2.Select "Playback Devices"
    3.Click on the "Playback" tab if it is not already selected.
    4.Then click on the speakers.
    5.Select properties in the bottom right.
    6.Click on the "Levels" tab.
    7.Click the speaker icon under "PC Speaker" to mute it.

TaDa. No more annoying beep.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 07-12-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

**** Yes Thank You. I Made An Account Just So I Coulda Thank You For This Solution.

Fox XP double click the sound icon to bring up the "Master Volume" screen, select Options>Properties (make sure Mixer Device is set to output) and put a check mark in "PC Beep." Hit "OK" then click the "Mute" box for "PC beep" on the mixer.