Thread: USB port not working of the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop

USB port not working of the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop

I am having the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and this laptop has the Windows 7 operating system installed in it. This laptop ahs the 3 USB ports. I am facing issue with the USB port of this laptop. 2 USB ports of this laptop is not working. I am not able to resolve this issue by myself. So, USB port not working of the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. How can i resolve this issue. Also suggest any alternatives for this if this cannot be solved.

Re: USB port not working of the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop

You have the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop which has the Windows 7 operating system installed in it. And you are facing the USB port issue with this laptop. There are 3 USB ports in this laptop and 2 of them are not working according to you. I think this may be the simple operating system or the some other software issue. Shut down the laptop and start it again after sometime. This will be fixed after that if the problem is not with the hardware.

It may be possible that the USB ports of the laptop which are not working are disabled from the device manager of the laptop in the Windows 7 operating system. So i will recommend you to go to the device manager of the laptop and enable all the hardware again connected to the laptop by right clicking them. May be this is the reason of this issue.

You are saying that 2 USB ports from the 3 which this laptop is having are not working. So it means that one USB port is working properly now also. So i will advise you to attach the USB hub device to your laptop. You will get the USB hub easily in the market with 4,6 or 8 USB ports. This will resolve USB port problem of your Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.

I will advise you to contact to the Dell service center or the customer care for resolving this issue related to the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. If your laptop is still in the warranty period then they will replace the USB port or the Motherboard if its required without charging anything. It is better to contact to Dell service center rather than contacting local laptop repairing center.

I dont think this is the software related problem of the Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. But then also i will advice you to give it a try for once. Try installing the driver software of the laptop again in the laptop compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. If this problem is related with the drivers of the laptop then it will be resolved by doing this. If possible try to install the driver software after reinstalling the fresh copy of the Windows 7 operating system in the laptop.

I'm having the exact same problem. The 2 malfunctioning USB ports will run things that only require power, like my cooling unit and my phone. But those ports won't recognize any devices.

Is this problem with all of your system's ports ? Hope you may have tried some another device, like 3rd or 4th portable device. AM saying this because there is possibilities that your devices that are unable to recognized might be damaged. BTW, which OS are you using and whats another configuration ?