Thread: Acer 6930 Sound Issue

Acer 6930 Sound Issue

Hello there, I have an Acer 6930 laptop which was installed with Windows XP operating system on it which I upgraded to Windows 7 recently but after upgradation of the operating system I am facing Sound Issues with Acer 6930. While playing any audio file, there is are sharp noises like something is spiking. Sometimes the computer does not detect the audio device which is connected to it. I cant figure out what is causing such problems and hence need your help in finding the solution. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: Acer 6930 Sound Issue

Is there any mobile device near the laptop when the spiking noise comes? Mobile devices work on radio frequency which interfere with many of the electronic device. So if there is any mobile device near the laptop, it will interfere with the internal speakers of the laptop and will create a sharp spiking noise in it. Remove the mobile device from the proximity of the laptop and then check if the cracking noise still comes or not. If the spiking noise still continues after moving the mobile device, the laptop is having some other problems with it which needs to be solved.

Check the application which you are using for playing the audio files. Many times the applications have some problems due to which the sound output suffers. If the file which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the system, the application will not work properly and will create problems while playing some files. Hence I will suggest you to remove the currently installed version of the application which you are using to play the audio files and remove all the keys/files which are associated to it. After deleting all the traces of the application from the computer, reinstall the application and see if the same problem persists or not.

I think the operating system which is installed on the computer is having some problems due to which the computer is not working properly. Operating system is responsible for taking all the logical decisions of the computer. If the operating system of the computer is not working properly then the computer is bound to give such problems. Therefore if you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using then insert it in the drive and boot the system from the disk. Let the installer load and then select "Repair Windows installation" option. Wait for the for the procedure to complete. After completing the procedure, check if the laptop is working properly or not.

All the devices which are connected to the computer, require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers act as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check if the sound drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on My computer and select Device manager. Highlight the installed sound device and check if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure, if there are any caution signs. Update the drivers for the sound device if the troubleshooting does not help.

Microsoft has not yet released all the required drivers for all the devices and hence some devices are not working properly in Windows 7. I also was facing the same problem with Acer 6390 laptop which I am using. Initially I thought that there is something wrong with the laptop which I am using but later found out that the appropriate drivers are not available. Still you can fix the problem temporarily by following these steps :-
    • Right click on the speaker icon and select playback devices.
    • Now select speakers and select Properties.
    • Go to Advanced tab and change the sample rate according to your preference.
    • Save and apply the settings.
    This is a temporary solution, once the drivers are available you can use the speakers with default settings.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's