Thread: Internal speaker problems in Dell vostro 1310

Internal speaker problems in Dell vostro 1310

Hello everyone, I have a Dell Vostro 1310 laptop which had Windows XP installed on it. I upgraded the operating system on the computer to Windows 7 and after operating system upgrade, the internal speakers of the laptop are not working. I cant figure out what is causing such problems and hence need your help in solving the issue. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar Internal speaker problems in dell vostro 1310 then please share some information about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Internal speaker problems in Dell vostro 1310

As the laptop is branded, I would suggest you to take the laptop to an authorized service center of dell and get the laptop checked thoroughly. The technician at the service center will check the laptop and will list all the problems with the laptop. Therefore if the problem are resolvable, then repair them. No charges for the servicing of the laptop will be charged if the laptop is under Dell warranty. If the laptop is out of Dell warranty then you will have to pay for the hardware replaced and the included service charge.

Check if the sound drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer. Drivers work as the mediator between the operating system and the device. If the appropriate drivers for the device are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the appropriate drivers are installed and working on the computer, right click on My computer and select Device manager. Highlight the sound device and see if there are any caution signs. Follow the troubleshooting procedure if there are any caution signs. If troubleshooting does not help, then you will have to update the drivers for the sound device.

The earlier releases of Windows 7 has lot of incompatibility issues with many of the manufacturers of the device. Due to the incompatibility issue, lot of devices do not work properly in Windows 7. The incompatibility issue mainly rises due to unavailability of the drivers. Therefore I would suggest you visit the official site of the manufacturer of the sound chipset and download the latest drivers which are available for the model which you are using and which is supported by Windows 7. Once appropriate drivers are installed, you will not face same problems again.

Thank you all for replying to the post really fast. As suggested I checked if the sound drivers are installed and working properly on the system. All the drivers on the system are up to date. Also if headphones are plugged in the computer, they work properly. The only thing which is not working is the internal speakers of the laptop. Does this mean the internal speakers of the laptop are faulty? Please help.

Yes it does mean that the internal speakers of the computer are faulty and needs to be replaced. I also had the same problem with the Dell vostro which I was using. All the peripherals which are connected to the computer worked properly except the internal speakers. I contacted the Dell support and described them the problem. It seemed that the entire range has the same problem with the internal speakers and hence I got the speakers replaced for free. So I would suggest you to take the laptop to the Dell support and try and get the speakers replaced.