Thread: Presario CQ50 Screen went black on boot

Presario CQ50 Screen went black on boot

Hi there, I am running the Presario CQ50 laptop with Windows Vista which is now messed up and Presario CQ50 Screen went black on boot. Whenever i start the computer at that time it goes well to the boot up console even i can get into the BIOS setting and make the changes but after that when it move forward at that time it shows the black screen and do nothing. So help me. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jagadamba15; 23-03-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Re: Presario CQ50 Screen went black on boot

I think that installation of the Windows Vista might got corrupted which need to repair the same. So if you are having the Windows Vista DVD then you can repair the installation of Windows vista from the same. Just insert the DVD and boot the same and repair the Windows Vista. Also let me know that this work for you or not so that i can find some other solution for you.

Have you tried to run the computer in the safe mode? Just run the computer in safe mode if it runs in the same then insert the Windows Vista DVD and repair the installation of the OS. Also run a complete system scan which might resolve the issue caused by the malware or spyware of your system. I hope that this will work for you.

If you can get into then Safe mode then i can help you with the one trick which might help you for the same issue that you are looking for. After getting into the Safe mode open the command prompt and then run it as administrator. Now type Sfc/scannow and hit enter. This is will run the whole computer for the corrupt file and correct them as needed.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

hey thanks for the reply regarding the query of mine which is about the black screen at the start up of the Windows Vista. And let me tell you that i am also unable to get into the Safe mode so that i cant run those command which are given by you. So if there is anything that can help me then advice me. A help may be appreciated

If all the above is not working for you then there is one thing that can help you is that you have to reinstall the complete OS again which will delete all the data stored on the Windows installation drive. So if you are not worried about your data then clean installation of the OS might resolve your issue. Also you can use some of the data recovery tool which will make the recovery of the Data.