Thread: Multitasking problem with the Windows mobile phone.

Multitasking problem with the Windows mobile phone.

Actually I am planning to buy a windows mobile phone but I have heard that windows mobile phones are facing the problem of multitasking. To be more prices I will like to mention that this phone has the problem while playing the Zune player. Before buying the windows mobile phone I want to make sure that it should not have any problems related to multitasking or at least I must which applications are having the problem of multitasking. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: Multitasking problem with the Windows mobile phone.

Windows Phone Series 7 products, one of the most interesting topics is that the operating system can run multiple applications simultaneously. Although Microsoft has released a lot of details related to that question is still no clear answer. According to Windows Phone head Andy Lees site interview last month to accept the statement, Microsoft will indeed provide some in the Windows Phone multitasking, for example, play music, and the implementation of another application, or call when you access calendar.

I have also heard a similar issue, Joe Belfiore, vice president of Microsoft said in an interview, Windows Phone 7 Series of the foundation, Windows CE core, in this respect suitable for multitasking. For example, Windows Phone will be able to simultaneously receive and process web pages and e-mail.

As per my knowledge Belfiore said that Microsoft is not going to allow developers to rely solely on the rear of the implementation. On the contrary, Microsoft is also committed to ensuring that jumped at the prospect of other tasks; the first implementation of the program can retain their positions. He said: "We are likely in the device into a low-memory state to suspend (behind the implementation of the application)." 15, Microsoft also announced that, Windows Phone 7 Series will have a proactive notification system, so that even in the non-implementation of the program state, can also get updates and alerts the user.

Zune application has multitasking problem

But the devil is in the details, for example, the user can be built Zune player, listen to music while performing other work, but some do not apply a third-party music player programs and technology. Belfiore said that Microsoft still studying the possibility of the developer to write the music player called Zune application can support multiple task execution.

Another subtle, is that developers can create native code for mobile phones, not just the use of tools such as XNA or Silverlight. In general, Microsoft's attitude is not open, but there may be some exceptions. For example, Microsoft has said there will not be a beginning Flash, but its browser plug-ins keep an open mind. Microsoft also said that mobile carriers and hardware providers can be made made a number of native applications. Belfiore said: "A few specific cases, we will allow the native code."