Thread: View HTML files in Kindle

View HTML files in Kindle

Hello Friend,

Recently I have bought Kindle ebook reader. I don't have enough knowledge about the functionality of kindle. Because of that I I am not getting how to open HTMl file in kindle ebook reader. I have already tried lots of methods but nothing was helpful. If anyone know how to view HTML files in kindle, then please know that. I would appreciate your any help.

Re: View HTML files in Kindle

According to my information kindle ebook reader is not compatible with HTML files. It means you are not able to view any HTML file in you kindle device. With kindle ebook reader you are able to view files only with .mobi format. To view html file, for that you will need to convert the html file into the .mobi format. I hope this information will help you.

I don't know if kindle is capable to view HTML files. But Kindle can display PDF documents natively. Native PDF support allows you to carry and read all of your personal and professional documents on the go. With the experimental Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle can read newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books out loud to you, unless the book's rights holder made the feature unavailable.

In the way to view HTML file in kindle ebook reader, you meed to make some conversion task. First you need to change the extension of your HTML files to the 'txt' extension. The next step is to put it into the kindle ebook reader. Then try to open this file in kindle. You won't get any error while to view this txt file which is originally converted from HTML file.

Thanks friend!!. Your suggestion was very helpful for me to view the HTML file in kindle. As per you suggestion I have first changed the extension of my desired html file, and then make it into the txt format. I didn't get any error while viewing this converted html file. I also tried this process with PDF file but unfortunately it was not successful.