Thread: Even after plugging in my Kindle into iMac it doesn't show Kindle anywhere

Even after plugging in my Kindle into iMac it doesn't show Kindle anywhere

I am using an i mac running with snow leopard. I have recently purchased a new Amazon kindle since i like reading very much. But when i plugged kindle in to my imac it does not show up at all anywhere in my imac and this is really troubling me. please help me to get rid of this error. Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by Callium; 19-03-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Re: Even after plugging in my Kindle into iMac it doesn't show Kindle anywhere

As far as i have used the kindle i have not faced such problem with my kindle ever before. can you tell me in some more details whether you are trying to plug in the kindle with the help of a usb hub or you are plugging the kindle in to the imac directly in to the imac. Knowing this i can implement a solution to this problem.

I think that some of the portable devices do not work correctly with the help of a hub. So it is advisable to plug the Amazon kindle directly in to the Imac directly. please do be in the impression that some of the device work absolutely well through a usb hub means. All the device will work through the usb hub. Apple does not support third party devices.

I think i had plugged the device in my Directly in to the iMac without using the third party usb hubs and all. I would like to know why the kindle device is not recognized by the iMac even after i plugged it directly in to the imac. Please suggest me a suitable remedy to get rid of this situation. Anyways thanks for the replies

I have also faced this problem when i newly purchased the kindle device and plugged it for the first time into my iMac. But then i tried searching for it all over including google but that turned of mo use to me so finally desperation led me to plug it once again in to my system and this time it was recognized.

I would recommend you to try the kindle on an other imac if you cannot do that than try to use a different USB device on the same system. If all these idea fails to work in this situation the try to refer the user manual and follow the steps mentioned in the user manual so that the kindle is detected in the imac