Thread: Problem when i charge Kindle via ipod USB power adapter

Problem when i charge Kindle via ipod USB power adapter

There is a problem with my Kindle, whenever I try to plug my Kindle into the mains of the usb port with the help of an iPod USB power adaptor, my kindle becomes extremely slow and the buttons become unresponsive. To oversome this problem i have to reboot the device to make it normal. After this problem i supposed that my Kindle has become faulty and it needs to be repaired, because the buttons were so unresponsive and unusable. If anybody has faced this kind of problem then please reply me about this.

re: Problem when i charge Kindle via ipod USB power adapter

There may be the problem of the power adapter, I have seen that there is a problem with the Sony 505, in which you cannot charge it by any of the usb type power, it has to be "enabled" by its software in order to charge from the usb. If you are charging it through the PSP type connector that works fine. If you want then you can use the suitable usb connecter to charge it through the usb mains.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have two Kindles with me. The first one i charge it with the computers USB and i found that there is no problem with it. Then the second one I charged it with the iPhone mains to USB charger and the same problem i have faced. When i removed it the charging point was charging after the removal. So if you want then you can charge it with your computer's usb or else you can buy Kindle specific mains charger to charge it when you travel.

You need to keep in mind that not all the Wall USB Chargers output has the same Amperage. I have found that the Kindle's own Power Adaptor Output is 4.9 Volts, 0.85 Amps, and the iPhone's charger may be overdriving it which is causing the issues that is mentioned by you. So in order to charge it by safer side with most of the devices, it is better to get a Wall wart which gives output of 5V 0.5A which is supported by all, which may charge devices a little slower in speed. Hope this information helps you out.

I think you need to try some other usb charger which can help you to charge your kindle normally. I have tried a couple of different USB chargers with my Kindle. And i have found that they work fine with my Kindle. I have seen most of the people they are facing this problem with the ipod or iphone's usb power adapter. You can avoid the use of this adapter and use the supported one with the kindle.