Thread: How can i convert .azw files

How can i convert .azw files

Hello everyone,
    I have lots of files which are in .azw file format. I wanted to convert .azw files to other file formats. I can say that once i have strip the drm, then i should be able to use the calibre which can be helpful in converting the file. First i want to know that can i use calibre which can help me to convert an .azw file which has been stripped of the drm. And also how can i strip the drm. If anybody have some idea then please let me know. Thanks in advance

Re: How can i convert .azw files

Yes it is possible that you can strip the drm file from the .azw files. After that you will have a standard MobiPocket file which can be Calibre and can convert to LRF, ePub, etc file formats. You cannot be able to get the direct instructions that how to strip drm, if you wan then you can google search for some external help. Hope you understand the method and you can do what i have suggested.

Since the file .azw is related to the mobile then you can use this applicaiton by which you can be able to .azw and drm. You can use "mobidedrm " by which you can strip .azw and drm. I don't have any idea about Calibre that it can recognize .azw as a valid filename extension or not. If it doesn't, then you can rename drm free .azw files to .mobi. When using mobidedrm, it can be done as the part of the command.

I use Calibre for striping drm files. I think you have not checked the latest version of mobidedrm software. The latest version of this software comes with all the instructions by which you can make it a calibre plugin. So you need to just download to your computer and then import into the calibre, and it can be stripped and then can be saved as a mobi file. Hope you understan the method.

I think you need to check the update of any of the software or converter which can help you to convert .azw file to the appropriate file format. You can also do a google search on your query and you can find some of the information on the software and their update. I think you can use the above mentioned software which can be used to convert and change the file format to the needful format to use with the portable device.