Thread: How to disable screensaver in Kindle DX?

How to disable screensaver in Kindle DX?

I have recently bought a Kindle DX global from Amazon which I regularly carry to meetings. I use Kindle DX for storing agendas for the meeting and have to look at them after sometime but Kindle DX starts showing screen saver when not used for few minutes. Therefore I want to know How to disable screensaver in kindle DX as I have to bring out the kindle from screen saver every time I have to look at the agenda. Any suggestions about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: How to disable screensaver in Kindle DX?

There is no way in which you can disable the screen saver in Kindle DX global. Kindle DX will go to sleep mode or screen saver mode if it is not used for about 2 minutes or so. But I dont think it is necessary to disable the screen saver on the Kindle DX as it comes out of it in less than 2 seconds. Also putting the Kindle in sleep or screen saver mode helps the device save power during Idle mode which increases the stand by time of the device.

Recently a firmware update was released for Kindle 2 which had modifications which are required by lot of users. After upgrading the firmware of Kindle 2, users were able to disable the screen saver mode of Kindle 2. Therefore I would suggest that you get the firmware of the Kindle which you are using and then see if you are able to disable the screen saver mode of the Kindle DX.

Kindle is an Amazon product, therefore you can visit the official Amazon website and get the settings which are required for disabling the screen saver. Go to official website of Amazon and then click on the Troubleshooting and Developers corner. Now search and locate the Screen saver hacks in the Kindle DX section. There you will find solutions/workarounds which will help you in disabling the screen saver on Kindle DX.

As suggested I visited the official website of Amazon and went to the troubleshooting and Developer sections. There I found out that the firmware with additional features for Kindle DX are yet to be released. Meanwhile for the time being, I tried a work around suggested by them to disable the screen saver mode an it helped. Now the screen saver does not start if the Kindle is not being used for a minute or two which is really helping me in my meetings. Thanks