Thread: Download errors in Kindle DX

Download errors in Kindle DX

I am facing a weird problems with Kindle DX which I am using. I have bought the new Kindle DX global recently and It was working fine but now When I try to download some ebooks using Wifi, I have found that there are some errors in the spelling and punctuations in the ebooks which are downloaded. Also the Wifi connection gets disconnected frequently. Is it possible that the Kindle is faulty? Therefore if anybody else is facing similar download errors in Kindle DX then please share some information about it which might help me in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: Download errors in Kindle DX

Probably the file which you are downloading is faulty and hence there are some spelling and punctuation errors in the file. It happens many times that the files which are downloaded are corrupt due to which they are not displayed properly on the device. Hence I would suggest you to check the file which you have downloaded on some other device and see if the same problem is faced or not. Try downloading the file again and see if the device is able to display it properly.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Some files which are available online have spelling and punctuation mistake in them. If such file is downloaded on the device, the spelling and punctuation mistakes will be seen in the file as it is present in the original file. Therefore check the file for spelling and punctuation mistakes before downloading the file on the Kindle. You can also try and convert the downloaded files to mobi/prc format and see if the mistakes still prevail or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If the network connection is fluctuating then it is possible that the downloaded data gets corrupt. If the network connection is fluctuating, some data packets are lost which will lead to the corruption in the downloaded files. As you have mentioned that the Kindle which you are using is suffering from the network disconnection, it could be the one of the reason behind the faulty PDF. Try downloading the same file on the computer and then transfer it on the Kindle. See if the PDF is displayed with same spelling mistakes and punctuations or not.

Kindle also works on some operating system which like any other software can get corrupt. This operating system is known as Firmware. If the firmware of the Kindle gets corrupt then some features of the device will not work properly which will ultimately lead to the device not working properly. Therefore I would suggest you to take the Kindle to the dealer from which you have bought it and get it checked. You can also get the firmware of the Kindle updated or changed if it is corrupt. Once the firmware of the Kindle is fixed, you will not face the same problem again.