Thread: Where to get free ebooks for Kindle

Where to get free ebooks for Kindle

Hi,
    I have a Kindle for which I want to add some books. First I had purchased this from Amazon store. So does this means that I cannot buy ebooks from other sources. If yes then how can this be resolved. I want some free ebooks for kindle which are not available on Amazon. Which sites do you use and how you add those on your Kindle. I just want to know that does it is possible to add ebooks on it, from other sites on Kindle.

Re: Where to get free ebooks for Kindle

It is true that most of the users believe that once you buy Kindle from Amazon then you cannot buy books from other sources. But the same is possible. It is not necessary that you can only use Kindle for buying Ebooks. MobileRead is a free site where you can get free ebooks. You will have to download the .mobi book first on your computer and then you can transfer that to Kindle. You can also get books on your Kindle via Whispernet.

I was too wondering about the same. But this is really true that we can get books from other sites also. I am using right now Feedbooks sites. For this first you will need to download the Kindle Guide to check out all the ways of adding up books in Kindle. There is a wide collection of ebook here that you can buy and enjoy on Kindle. This also offers some free ebooks.

That right I too use multiple sources for getting ebooks. Like right now am using a free site called Manybooks. The only condition for this that if you download a book from the site then just make ensure that the ebook format must be mobipocket or kindle format. If you get any other format then that will not work. This place will give you a huge collection of free kindle ebooks.

I use Amazon for bestseller. The bestseller column really gives you some nice suggestion of books. Before when I purchased the kindle I was to using only Kindle. But there are some sites more which offer a similar service. I had not tried any of it yes. The most famous among them is MobileRead. I had checked this site. There are many resources on it.

Here are some more sites which you can use to buy ebooks. But this does not offers you free ebooks. You will have to buy some out of them. There is huge collection of books here. Like Fiction wise which offers you a .mobi books. These are not secure mobipocket books. So you have to bit choosy while buying. Others are books on board and bean.